“Great Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Philadelphia
“Great Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean, the bed was super comfy, the complimentary breakfast had variety and was very tasty. We had our almost one year old with us and the staff oohed and ahhed over her like she was a little princess. They were all so sweet and happy. It was a very convenient location with several restaurants in walking distance. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Tyler, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Paige L,
Thank you for the five star review of the Fairfield Inn Tyler. We enjoyed having you and your family as guests. I'm glad your stay was to your liking. Please come back and visit soon.

Best wishes,

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent customer service - very friendly staff (Thanks, Dee!). Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic - they even had Greek yogurt! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lisa H,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, and that you plan to return. We look forward to your next visit to the Fairfield Inn Tyler.

Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was on a week-long business trip through East Texas and spent two nights at this hotel in Tyler. Fantastic hotel, great service, friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, hot water and great water pressure, quiet, conveniently located, good breakfast - couldn't have asked for anything else. Overall tremendous value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brian D,
I want to thank you for your five star review of the Fairfield Inn Tyler. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and felt that we were a great value. Please come back and see us again soon!

Warm regards,
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

our stay was a great joy. the room was very clean. there was lots of hot water for our showers. bed was wonderful. pillows were wonderful, slept like if i was in my own bed. very quiet at night. very good breakfast. swimming pool and hot tub were wonderful.

Cheney, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The service was EXCELLENT!!! We have stayed in many hotels across the mid west over the years as both our daughters are volleyball players. This stay was quite possibly the best service we have ever received. The staff was very friendly and more than once went over and above to make sure our stay was the best it could be. We will definitely stay here again!

Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay in Fairfield Inns around the country. The only complaint here was housekeeping. Bedside table not cleaned off - coffee cup, trash still on table when I returned in the evening. Turned down the bed on my second night and a wash cloth from the bathroom was on the sheet under the bedspread. Also on second night the bathroom floor was VERY slippery - smelled like cleaning fluid - probably a film left on the floor. It was dangerously slippery. Won't stay there on my next trip to Tyler.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Tyler, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Debbie H,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for your room not being fully cleaned. I appreciate you and your colleague bringing this to my attention. I have already addressed this issue with my housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen to future guests. I hope with our efforts to improve, you will give us another opportunity to change your mind the next time you are in Tyler.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I am a Marriott Lifetime Platinum member. I often stay in the economy brands of the Marriott properties and generally find them an excellent value. I could not have been more embarrassed that I recommended this hotel for my stay with two colleagues.

When I arrived, I was leary, so insisted on seeing a room before committing to stay. It looked better than I had feared, so I checked in. When my colleagues went to bed, one found a used washcloth under her sheets. The other found a jumpdrive under her covers. Both were horrified and wondered whether their sheets were changed.

My third floor room was musty and downright wet. My leather-soled shoes were soggy from sitting on the carpet and the bathroom tile floor was slippery wet.

The staff was fabulously accommodating and seemed experienced at apologizing. But what can the great staff really do to overcome a sub par property?

Mr. Marriott, get this property off your books!

• Stayed October 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Tyler, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear MCBoy2000,
Thank you for your review of our property. Please accept my apology for the negative experience you and your colleagues had. What happened is completely unacceptable and I have already addressed your comments with my housekeeping staff. I want to assure you this is an isolated incident and is definitely not normal for our hotel. Once again, please accept my apology and I hope you will offer us another chance to make up for this the next time you are in the area.

Steven C.

Been to Fairfield Inn Tyler? Share your experiences!