“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Tyler
irving, United States
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was here for the Rose festival and this was an excellent location for food (Try Stanley's BBQ!) and activities. The Breakfast is excellent and quick to get you on your way. If you like Birds, Butterflies and Flowers, stay here next October for the Rose festival.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tyler, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thnak you so much for your great comments, Please come back and visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Peters, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived late one night after our flight and drive to Tyler. We were shocked to see that the hotel rooms were located outside of the lobby. When I entered my room the lock was missing a bolt so I was unable to lock my door. I picked up the phone to call the front desk, and I had to hold in the phone cord to be able to make that call. The front desk assistant meet me at my room with a key to another room. Once I got to my new room, my door would not open. After many attempts I gave up and headed to the lobby. The assistant went with me and he struggled for a few minutes open the door- which he finally did. Relief I thought- but that was short lived. The room stunck so bad of smoke and mold! I called my business partner and we left the hotel and stayed elsewhere. When we were checking out- the front desk person, not the same one that assisted me earlier gave us an attitude as we told him our reasons on wanting to leave. We then asked for a receipt to show that we did not stay and were told that nothing was booked in so no receipt was generated. WELL I just checked my credit card and in fact I WAS charged one night. I am calling them now to dispute. Oh and by the way, my business partner informed me that when he was walking in there were cockroaches wondering around outside the door!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tyler, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I want to apologize for the problems you did experience and hope you will return in the near future
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've stayed at numerous Hampton Inn's over the years and have never had anywhere close to the horrible experience as I did here. Booked a 'guaranteed room' at this property for a Saturday night. We were put in room with backed up toilet - where's the quality control? the maid can't tell it's not flushing? - called front desk; told no other rooms available, will bring plunger. He succeeded in fully over flowing the toilet and then said he'd put us in another room. Never mind he'd just said 20 mins earlier nothing else available. Upon arriving in new room, we find the stench of cigarette smoke is overwhelming and being allergic to it run from the room. When the clerk was informed it was apparent he knew this fact already and chose not to share that information when sending us to the room. Unbelievably callous attitude. When I confronted him for purposely jeopardizing our health he simply stated "you need to leave." After spending an hour on phone with Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Honors, and then Hilton guest services, we were put in a nearby Hilton Garden Inn (very nice I might add) at a cost of another 30000 points from my account. All attempts to resolve this issue with Hilton to preserve my points have been met with "...oh we're so sorry, we tried but failed to please you..." So much for 'guaranteed room' as it appears to be marketing only. I got an email from the GM, Nancy Schoolfield, stating that I "...used fail manner..." with her clerk, whatever that means. Wow, Hilton brand isn't what it used to be including properties like these in their portfolio.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tyler, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Again, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do strive each and every day to provide the best service possible and we do hope you will give us another chance and come back to see us in the near future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I splurged for a suite at the Hampton Inn, Tyler. That night we got in late and after going to bed we found the mattress to be breaking down with springs coming up and it was as hard as rock. It was like they bought the mattress at a garage sale. Because it was late and we had another business meeting the next day we didn't want to swap out rooms. When we talked to the manager, she became offended when told about her mattress and if we could be refunded for the night. After her rudeness I informed her that my review would reflect as such.

• Stayed October 2013
nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tyler, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I did thank you so much for alerting me to the mattress problem you experianced and I also assured that I would have the mattress replaced. We do try each and every day to provide the best customer service possible and hope you will return in the near future.
alazan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

would stay here again. good staff and amenities clean rooms great breakfast and terrific bathroom wonderful pool and spa put this on your list the next time youre in tyler texas it is real close to shopping and many medical facilities if you need them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your great review...
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor, which were mixed about this hotel so were a bit apprehensive about our stay. Not to worry. Our experience was fine. Room was clean, well appointed - had LAN line and wifi ports on a power bar at a working desk (the Hampton Inn we're at tonight on I40 west of Nashville is not wifi/LAN equipped). All Hampton Inns appear to have a noisy heater/air conditioner by the window and the window doesn't open, so in the summer you have to choose either to be cool and noisy or to be hot and quiet, but otherwise the room was fine. The entrances from outside via a stairwell were not a problem. Breakfast was good. We would definitely stay there again.

There is a new Currents Restaurant that has opened up on South Broadway, an easy car ride from the hotel. Fabulous grilled salmon on vegetables.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tyler, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments.
Euless, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

As part of an annual family reunion, several of us choose to stay at the Hampton Inn. The service, cleanliness, room size and accessibility, with an additional benefit of a delicious varied content breakfast (yes, it is included in the room rate!) are all excellent. It's conveniently located near many restaurants, and there are several sites of interest nearby. I would endorse this lovely hotel for a night or several days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tyler, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments.

Been to Hampton Inn Tyler? Share your experiences!