“Very good overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #16 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Dallas, Texas
“Very good overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Tyler on May 17-18 while attending a training class. Very nice hotel and pleasant front desk person, no problems checking in. The non-smoking room with king bed and bathroom were very clean, no odors. The room was nice and quiet, no problems with noisy neighbors.

Just a note on the hotel layout - the three-story building is built on the side of a hill, so the front lobby and breakfast area are actually on the second floor, while the first floor rooms are on the south and east sides.

The hotel is located in a suburban commercial office building area, well-kept, no shady characters hanging around.

The breakfast buffet had a decent selection of standard breakfast food and beverages, and the area was kept clean.

I plan to stay here again in a few months for another training class, and recommend it highly.

• Liked — Clean, convenient, decent price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mission Viejo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

After driving for 25 hours and being up for 37, all we wanted to do was find a place to stay. This Hampton Inn was the first place that we drove to in Tyler. The check-in at midnight was friendly and quick. The room was immaculate, smelled great and had everything that we needed. For the first time in eons, I actually fell asleep in a hotel without any problems (might have been my length of being awake, but I have been up before for long periods of time and not fallen asleep this quickly before in a hotel). When we got up, we were impressed with the level of breakfast served...hot sausage and biscuits, all the fixings, just a ton of stuff...the kids were SO excited and we were all full and happy to continue on our road trip. I will definitely stay in this hotel again if given the chance and I will always choose a Hampton Inn in the future on our road travels. This was my first experience with Hampton Inns and I will say that the impression was VERY impressive!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

I choose the Hampton Inn at Tyler because I needed to be hear the Dallas airport but wanted to spend less that $100. I travel extensively and prefer Hampton Inn over most competitors. Even with high expectations, I was very surprised by the excellent quality of this property. The hotel looked new (I'm guessing it was recently renovated). The rooms were very clean, the beds up to the Hampton standard. Pleasant personel. I recommend this hotel for business and family travelers.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2006

I stayed in the one bedroom king and it was great. The bed was so comfy and the fridge with microwave was a very nice bonus. There was nothing gross or dirty, the bathroom was a bit small but nice. They had a great comforter and pillows, my boyfriend and I actually over slept because the bed was so nice!!! $94 well spent!!

• Liked — The bed was amazing!!!
  • Disliked — Bathroom was a little small
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

What a wonderful, deliteful experience. The staff went out of their way to make my stay so much more comfortable. Extra super fluffy pillows. Very Clean Large Comfortable Room with a King size bed on the 1st floor. Nice Breakfast and coffee in the room. Super fluffy soft towels and the nicest housekeeping you will ever meet!

Lake Jackson, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2005

We have stayed at this particular hotel in years past with no problems. This stay was an unpleasant surprise. When we entered our room we noticed a fresh red stain on the carpet but didn't let that bother us too much. Then we noticed pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor and toilet-- totally unacceptable!! There is no way that this room was cleaned since it's last visitor. I walked back by the tv and a roach crawled out from the side. That was the last straw. I went back to the clerk and told her about the hairs and roach and she just kind of looked at me with no apology or concern of any kind. I sent my husband back down with the dead roach to show her since she acted like she didn't believe us and still no concern. Maybe this happens here all the time. Our next room was cleaner but when we turned the tv for better viewing we noticed a very thick layer of dust in the back and sides like they have never been dusted. The air conditioning vents were just as bad. My family was very stopped up by the next morning. Another thing I noticed was that the electrical room on the second floor was open and anyone had access to the rooms on the floor. You could see all the way down the hall. The gates in the back of the parking lot were wide open in the back. This hotel seems to have no concern at all for security. My nephew spent the night there the night before and said he was afraid to go swimming because some hobo was sitting outside the door to the pool. I was really surprised at how much this hotel had gone downhill in just one year. We will try the Hampton Inn in Lindale next time we visit Tyler. I won't stay here again unless something changes at this property.

• Stayed October 2005
Bedford,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

The Hampton Inn in Tyler, Texas off of Troup Hwy was the best. We were in Tyler for a church retreat. The hotel was the perfect distance to the StoneFort retreat site. The Hotel is relatively new as the rooms are excellent. The rooms have a microwave and fridge. The lobby is very nice and neat. The breakfast was really tasty. It was not your typical cheesy continental breakfast it was pretty filling (ex juices,cereal,eggs,ham,etc.). The staff was great. The pool is the indoor type. I definetly will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Hampton Inn Tyler? Share your experiences!