“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel and Conference Center Tyler

You added Magnuson Hotel and Conference Center Tyler to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel and Conference Center Tyler
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3310 Troup Highway, 3310 Troup Hwy, Tyler, TX 75701 (Formerly Ramada Inn Tyler Texas)   |
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Tyler
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

What a transformation!!!!!
I was pleasantly surprised to see what a wonderful job the new owners have done to this hotel.
It has been a couple of years since I had stayed there and I couldn't believe how nice it was from the lobby to the courtyard and pool. The rooms are as nice as any Hampton or Holiday Inn rooms,and personally I enjoy the courtyard layout rather than the interior corridor.
The staff was very friendly (East Texas Style) and made us feel at home.
We have found a new home in Tyler.
We will be back!!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Recently stayed 5 nights while in Tyler. Had the opportunity to meet the new owners. Local Tyler couple who have recently purchased and renovated the property. They have done a great job and went out of their way to make sure my stay was perfect. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Face the courtyard
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed three nights while my mom was at ETMC. The hotel was very nice. The staff went above and beyond to help us and make our stay great. They have a wonderful breakfast bar (our kids loved it) and they even held it open for us one of the mornings because we woke up late. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay there again when in Tyler.

Stayed October 2014
Magnuson H, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel and Conference Center Tyler, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We hope that your return visit is under happier circumstances. We will let our staff know that they are doing a great job in taking care of our guests. Thank you for your kind words and great review
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Tyler for a training session for Ambit Energy. Upon first arriving, I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. My room was well appointed, new remodeled and I found everything to be in order. The breakfast and coffee was great. We had a poolside reception with access to the bar and pool table. It was a very nice stay. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. We always strive to the best of our abilities to make our guests comfortable and satisfied. We look forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014 via mobile

I found this hotel because of a business trip. I was warmly greeted after my travels and all questions were answered before I left the front desk. My requests were catered too which is greatly appreciated because I travel a lot and try not to be needy but request certain things like first floor or close to elevators because I carry many bags to my room. I was pleasantly surprised by the updated rooms and the cleanliness. I felt comfortable and safe as a business woman that travels frequently. This hotel will be my only choice when I stay in Tyler.

• Stayed October 2014
Magnuson H, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel and Conference Center Tyler, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you Lance N Christy D for your wonderful review. We are always gratful to hear we are doing a good job. We know that good customer service is the only way to make a business grow. and with comments like yours we know we are on the way. Thank you Again.
Carrollton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

We were greeted with a keycard that didn't work. Carried our luggage back downstairs for a new one. Ah, this one worked but only if you pulled the lever "up". Seems the door lock was quite broken.

Ok, so we're in! Welcome! says the 3" water bug. Do NOT take off your shoes here, carpet is sticky dirty.

Good news, good linens and mattresses. One bed did seem to have a whole lot of little black specks like pepper everywhere. My daughter shared mine just in case.

Does this one have potential when finished? Don't know about it. Get an ice machine, maybe even one vending machine, and close the curtains on all of those empty "storage rooms". It is just creepy like a war zone.

Stayed September 2014
Thank you for your review Tami P., We appreciate your review and we are looking into the problems you encountered with your stay here. We are working with the front desk, housekeeping and maintenance staff in regards to your comments and will rectify them. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

I was recently in Tyler for business. This hotel was recommended to me by one of my clients. A nice surprise. New owners, many updates, newly redecorated rooms, and a relaxing, nicely landscaped courtyard and pool where I enjoyed my morning coffee, and unwound in the evening. Friendly staff and great breakfast. Restaurants are within walking distance. I will be returning next time I'm in town.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review Bob C. It is good to know that we are taking care of our guests. We hope that all of our guests now and in the future will feel as you do. Thank you again

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Conference Center Tyler? Share your experiences!