My husband and I stayed for a week during a national tournament. When we arrived at 11:30pm the front entry was closed for renovations. We went in a side entry and were on to our room quickly. Our first two night were in a room with jacuzzi. The room was nice, but we moved to the executive suit with a small living room for the remainder of our stay. It had a couch, chair/ottoman, dining table, refrig, microwave, and sink. We made popcorn one night and watched the video of that days game. Nice and spacious, but the furniture was a little dated. The shower had good water pressure and a jacuzzi. Each section of the room had it's own air conditioning unit. The AC units were loud, but kept the room at a good temperature.
Housekeeping was top notch. They checked to see if we needed anything and did a very nice job cleaning our room. (Funny... the windows in the fitness center were so clean, initially I thought it was open without glass.)
Complimentary breakfast in the lobby was well stocked and had everything we needed in the early morning... a smiling attendant always had a "good morning" each day.
Free WiFi was great for our iphones & tablets. We did try to view a website on one of the business center computers, but they were so slow we abandoned the idea. (I fault Microsoft for that, not the hotel)
We did not use the pool, but it looked very nice.
Overall we had great stay! I'm glad we decide on the larger room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Tyler South.Our award-winning hotel near the University of Texas-Tyler is within minutes of the Tyler Pounds Regional Airport and downtown Tyler. The Holiday Inn Express South provides easy access to major Tyler attractions and businesses.Leisure guests will find that our East Texas hotel near Tyler State Park and the Discovery Science Place is the perfect place to stay. Less than five miles from our exceptional accommodations, visitors can observe wildlife at the Caldwell Zoo, tour the historic McClendon House, attend a concert at the Cowan Center or visit the Tyler Municipal Rose Gardens.Convenient for business travelers, our premier lodging is near corporate offices such as Sandrill Inc., Delek Refining Ltd., Suddenlink, Trane and CB & I Howe-Baker. The Harvey Hall Convention Center is located two miles from our Tyler accommodations. Tyler Junior College, Trinity Mother Francis and East Texas Medical Center are also nearby. Additionally, we provide free high-speed, wireless and wired Internet access for your convenience.While lodging in Tyler, Texas, be sure to enjoy our smoke-free hotel's choice amenities. We have a complimentary hot breakfast bar and an indoor pool with a whirlpool and sauna. Our Tyler hotel also has a well-equipped fitness center, convenience store and newsstand, a shoe-shine station and self-laundry services. We hope you will stay at our award winning property during your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South Hotel Tyler
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tyler South
- Tyler Holiday Inn