“Best customer service experience” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Tyler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Best customer service experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I just finished a stay at this hotel for a business trip. The check in was smooth, rooms were clean and breakfast was very good. But after I checked out from the hotel, I had the best customer service experience I've ever encountered. On my way to the airport I was notified by an employee named Taylor that I had left my bag in the room. I was so pressed for time I couldn't possibly return to get the bag and make my flight. Taylor arranged a courtesy drop of the bag for me at the airport. I've never been so impressed by out of the way customer service. This hotel deserves your stay for their service alone (not to mention other positive mentions above). Thanks again to the great staff!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear rtw000,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay from the rooms to check-in process and breakfast and of course, the customer service! We strive to provide the best customer service to all of our guests and are happy to hear that you received nothing less! We will be sure to pass on the feedback to Taylor and we hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Palestine, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed Valentine's night and were looking forward to the Jacuzzi tub in our room. The tub looked as if it needed cleaning (jets were pretty grimy looking), so we sprayed it with some cleaner we bought and ran the jets for a while. After some scrubbing, it was worth it, because it was great. Unfortunately, that was the only good part of the stay. Our bedspread had a spot on it that was so pungent that I could smell it just sitting close to it, so it came off the bed. At one point I called downstairs to see if they had plasticware and while the girl at the front desk confirmed that they did, she did not offer to bring it to the room (I guess I am just use to the good ole days of extraordinary customer service). I don't think we will be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpTyler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Felicia C,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Providing excellent customer service is our goal and we apologize for the experience you had with your guest room. We have addressed the cleanliness issue & customer service experience with our staff. We will be working closely with the housekeeping department to ensure the cleaning procedures are up to brand standards. We would like the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future. Should you have any questions, please contact management directly.
Thicket, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We were told by the manager that our rooms would be ready upon arrival. At 5:00 p.m.they are still not ready. I will never stay here again. I would advise the same. The desk clerks seem unconcerned. Other groups walked right in at got a room.

• Stayed January 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear TexasHunter270,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are glad you like our convenient location. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'll give it 7 stars out of 5!

We travel to Tyler to see our daughter (at college) several times during the year and at times are joined by Gramma & Grampa too. Quite honestly there are several hotels to choose from on the south loop area....some good....some so-so....some just nasty. For me (the dad) - AC, big TV, hot shower, and bed (in that order) is all I need....Don't care about paint, carpet, or smell of the hallway. HOWEVER.....for the wife - the initial smell of the lobby, the recent vacuum marks in the hall, the fresh smell and cleanliness of the room, the non-dingy sheets/comforter, capped off by a CLEAN bathroom with no "grunge" in the tub is what the wife rates/judges/deems worthy of "stay"......and when I hear the words uttered by the wife......in a low monotone voice - "it's nice".....it is then and ONLY then that I can DROP the bags! ...........AND TO ALL YOU MARRIED MEN - I know I am not alone on that either!

All joking (yet a little serious) aside - great hotel, great location, and the front desk staff (I wish I could remember her name - got me hooked up with the reward card) .....well, lets just say she was GREAT and the check-in/check-out was PAINLESS. WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: Get in on the rewards club gig - you can get an earlier check-in and can get a later check-out if ne...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear 12Barney,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us!
We are so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and we will be sure to pass on the comments to each department. We strive to provide the best stay and experience for each guest and definitely recommend the IHG Rewards program to all of our guests...it is a great Rewards program with awesome benefits! Thank you again and good luck to your daughter in college! We are looking forward to your next trip to Tyler!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were greeted upon entry, checked in quickly, and told about a discount on meals at the Texas Roadhouse right up the street. The room was large, clean, and cold, which is perfect in steamy Texas heat. It was so cold that we even had to turn the AC down! Not only were these things good and welcoming, but there were fresh cookies in the lobby, and we were given bottles of water and peanut-butter crackers when we checked in.

When we returned to our room after a late night of concerts, the huge Jacuzzi tub was lovely to fill up and just relax. Wonderful all the way around. Then falling into the bed was heavenly - everything was perfect. It was hard to wake up to the scrumptious breakfast spread awaiting the next morning.

This place does it right. From scrambled eggs and sausage gravy to fresh-made pancakes, fruit, a selection of cereal, various grades of milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, rolls. It's almost more than you can imagine! And, it's all you can eat, too!

If we ever have a need to stay over in Tyler again, you can bet this is where we'll stay!

Room Tip: The spa room was fab.u.lous. Choose it if you can!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DTPegasus,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express South! We are so pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay including the plentiful options at breakfast, guest rooms, and the quick check-in. We strive to be sure that each guest has the best experience and we are looking forward to your next stay in Tyler!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

It is one if better and brighter holiday inns. Rooms are HI quality and they are clean. Breakfast isn't greatest one but....it is HI.
Location is OK, nice pool, exercise room and sauna.
I was happy to stay and would recommend this ace to anyone.
In the end of the day...it's Tyler, TX and this is one of the better places to stay!

• Stayed October 2013
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear road_warrior_1970,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us! We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our IHG Owner & General Manager conference is at the end of this month and they should be rolling out a few new breakfast items at the conference, so be on the lookout for a few new & exciting options for breakfast! We would be happy to hear any feedback or suggestions you may have on how we could improve our breakfast for our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact management directly to express these suggestions!
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed at this Holiday many times in the past and have not had anything but good service. This time however wasn't so good. What I learned was I really needed to verify that notes were put on my reservation as I was assured they would be.

I requested a first floor room if possible, the person taking the reservation assured me he would make the note on the reservation. By the way I spoke directly to the Hotel Clerk for the reservation. I not only did not get a first floor room I got a room on the 3rd floor that was the fartherest room from the elevator. I checked with the desk to see what happened and that's right there were no notes on my reservation. Since this was a one night stay it wasn't worth a move.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Lawrence D,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are disappointed to know that you didn't experience the great customer service you are accustomed to receiving on this past stay. Please be assured that we do take every guests' request seriously and do our absolute best to accommodate each and every request our guests make. We will be sure to communicate this to the front desk staff to ensure all guests requests are being noted in the reservations. We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Express South and we hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South? Share your experiences!