“Wheelchair excellence!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Austin, Texas
“Wheelchair excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am very impressed that the hotel had accommodations for the disabled. There is a motorized chair for the pool and the hot tub. This is not something you see often and the hotel should advertise this :)

The rooms were clean and complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Texassnail,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and our goal is to make sure we can accommodate all specific needs for our guests. We hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Southlake, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

As a business traveler I stay 200+ nights a year in hotels and I would say "run don't walk" away from this hotel. They billed my credit card for unauthorized charges and when I called to discuss they refused to reverse the charges. I have had to contact my credit card company because of their indifference to customer service. The treadmills had sweat all over them and not cleaned ever in my opinion which I mentioned to the General Manager and was told "you should have told us before" - my response to any hotel "I shouldn't have to tell you".

Room Tip: Choose ANOTHER HOTEL as this experience was bad enough that I have considered never staying in anoth...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We sincerely apologize and are disappointed to know that you encountered issues during your stay and it was anything less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, your experience was not the same as many of our other satisfied customers have received. Should you have any further questions, comments, or concerns regarding charges that do not fall under general hotel policies or polices that are signed for upon arrival (ie: non-smoking, non-pet hotel), please do not hesitate to contact management directly to discuss the charges. We do have cleaning procedures in place for hotel public areas, fitness center, etc... that not only occur daily but throughout the day. We will continue to monitor the amount of Chlorox wipes that are available to all guests in the fitness center as well. Again, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or concerns.
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

First off - our room was great. However, we just watched a group of boys accompanied by two uninvolved moms, come down for breakfast in bare feet. OK, gross, but I can handle that. Until the bare feet jumped onto the food prep area where the bagels were kept. Oh, and how about when they handled food and fruit and then put it back so other guests could enjoy. I think the food prep employee probably did what she could. The front desk help denied noticing six boys running around the kitchen area without shoes but I get it - she was all of fifteen feet away. Owner - maybe you could empower your employees to tell your guests that it is a health code violation to show up in your food area without shoes. And moms - what is wrong with you

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Luvthebeach543,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your guest room, but are very disappointed to know that your overall stay was not the wonderful experience it should have been. We sincerely apologize for the dilemma you encountered with the young kids being barefoot in the breakfast area and please know that the parents were contacted regarding the complaints. We have also communicated to our employees of the importance of the empowerment that they have with resolving all issues at the front desk, breakfast area, hotel public areas as well as working with the breakfast hostess to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. Again, we apologize for the experience you encountered while staying at our hotel!
Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family traveled to Tyler to attend UT-Tyler's Patriot Day and stayed overnight in a very clean and comfortable double king room. The location is quiet with no road noise and even the air conditioner was quiet. The complimentary breakfast was hot, fresh and ready bright and early in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments...we appreciate the feedback! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express South in Tyler, Texas many times over the past three years, and it has always been one of the best hotels in the Holiday Inn Express chain.

Unfortunately, this hotel has slipped a little in my estimation. I was told that there is a new management company running the hotel, and it was evident to me. There was no longer an evening "business social hour" as in the past with snacks, beer and wine. Also, the breakfast buffet was similar but not as fresh as in the past. Hopefully, these are just growing pains with the new management company, and this Holiday Inn Express will return to the high standards of the past.

Iwould recommend this hotel to both business and leisure travelers as it is still a good hotel, but no longer the best one in Tyler, Texas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for continuing to choose the Holiday Inn Express South as your choice hotel in Tyler!
We appreciate your feedback and while we did recently acquire new management, we are still in the process of making changes to improve our guests overall stays with us including bringing back the nightly receptions. Should you have further comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us personally as it is with your feedback that we are able take the opportunity to improve in all areas. Thank you again for being a valued Platinum member with Priority Club and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Tyler!
Mandeville Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at this property because we were attending a concert at the Oil Palace. This location is convenient to a lot of restaurants as well as the Oil Palace but we were very disappointed that our room was not ready at 3pm as guaranteed. The front desk host did give us a certificate for an additional 1000 Priority Club points that was very nice. Usually check-in times are not a big deal but because we needed to shower and dress for the concert & leave by 5pm it was a little unsettling to not get in our room until almost 4pm which left little time to relax from being on the road and then get ready for the night. The room seemed overly crowded and I bumped into the chair that was at the desk on the way from the bathroom several times.. the chair was way too big for the desk & the space between the desk & bed. I have stayed in other Holiday Inn Express & Suites that were much bigger & nicer & don't think this room could be called a suite. The free breakfast is always a welcome from Holiday Inn Express hotels & it had the standard food but the attendant was very conscientious in her job made sure everything was well stocked & clean. Might try the Staybridge Suites down the road if we every come back to Tyler but this hotel would do again also if we had no other choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. It is with these comments that we are able to take the opportunity to improve in all departments. We sincerely apologize for not having your guest room ready within a timely manner and for any inconvenience this may have caused for you. With each Holiday Inn Express & Suites, you will find different layouts for each guest room. We have taken your comments into consideration and will look into possible other options for the furniture placement in the guest rooms. We appreciate your loyalty with the IHG hotel family and hope to see you again on your next trip to Tyler!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm a platinum member with Holiday Prioroty Club and stay in a hotel abut 300 nights year and I've never been treated like this. On my second night here at about 9:00 PM the front desk calls me and tells me they need a credit card for incidentals. First I have two yes two business cards on file with Prioroty club and at all IHG i have stayed at I have never been asked for a personal card for incidentals. So I gave my personal debit card to them when they called the second night they told me my personal credit card was declined (rather strange as I used it all over town with no problems used it 30 minutes earlier for dinner) and I needed to come to the desk immediate and give $20 on a credit card for incidentals. This hotel has no bar no restaurant NOTHING like this all they have is a suite shop for snack I don't use there suite shop due to prices to high. I had advised the person I was not coming back down that night and I could take care of it on Sat. They continued to argue with me finally I hung up the phone. Then bright and early the next morning 8:00 am I got another call insisting I come down to pay a $100 cash deposit for incidentals. REALLY $100 for SNACK ARE YOU CRAZY and cash when I have TWO credit cards on file. I insisted that the manger call me in regards to this matter and guess who calls me. The director os sales yes the director of sales finally I was so frustrated mchecked out of this hotel AND I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I moved to another IHG property much newer and
Less expensive and there's no cracks in the tub. Yes the jacuzzi tub had cracks that hab been arched numerous times one of the dials were missing real safe.

Room Tip: Go to Staybridge Suites on McDonald just down the street much better deal and still a IHG property
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are deeply apologetic and disappointed to know that you encountered issues during your stay and it was anything less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, your experience was not the same as many of our other satisfied customers have received.
While it is a policy at most hotels requiring some form of payment for incidentals, the amount and actual policy may vary a little. We do try to be lenient with our guests and accommodate their needs as best as possible, but we do require some form of payment on file for incidentals that is authorized upon your arrival and released immediately upon your departure. Incidentals are such as suite shop items, dry cleaning, long distance phone calls, and for smoking or pet damages to the guest rooms. We tried multiple times to speak with you and try to work with you for the incidentals and upon leaving a message for you at 5PM, we received a phone call back from you at approximately 9PM on the 2nd night of your stay. We completely understand it being later in the evening when you received the voicemail and that is why we were trying to accommodate you as best we could and speak to you Saturday morning.
I reviewed your comments in regards to the crack in the Jacuzzi tub with our Chief Maintenance Engineer and we are currently in the process of replacing all of our Jacuzzi bottoms.
If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us personally.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South? Share your experiences!