“Nice stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Pflugerville, Texas
“Nice stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family traveled to Tyler to attend UT-Tyler's Patriot Day and stayed overnight in a very clean and comfortable double king room. The location is quiet with no road noise and even the air conditioner was quiet. The complimentary breakfast was hot, fresh and ready bright and early in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments...we appreciate the feedback! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express South in Tyler, Texas many times over the past three years, and it has always been one of the best hotels in the Holiday Inn Express chain.

Unfortunately, this hotel has slipped a little in my estimation. I was told that there is a new management company running the hotel, and it was evident to me. There was no longer an evening "business social hour" as in the past with snacks, beer and wine. Also, the breakfast buffet was similar but not as fresh as in the past. Hopefully, these are just growing pains with the new management company, and this Holiday Inn Express will return to the high standards of the past.

Iwould recommend this hotel to both business and leisure travelers as it is still a good hotel, but no longer the best one in Tyler, Texas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for continuing to choose the Holiday Inn Express South as your choice hotel in Tyler!
We appreciate your feedback and while we did recently acquire new management, we are still in the process of making changes to improve our guests overall stays with us including bringing back the nightly receptions. Should you have further comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us personally as it is with your feedback that we are able take the opportunity to improve in all areas. Thank you again for being a valued Platinum member with Priority Club and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Tyler!
Mandeville Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at this property because we were attending a concert at the Oil Palace. This location is convenient to a lot of restaurants as well as the Oil Palace but we were very disappointed that our room was not ready at 3pm as guaranteed. The front desk host did give us a certificate for an additional 1000 Priority Club points that was very nice. Usually check-in times are not a big deal but because we needed to shower and dress for the concert & leave by 5pm it was a little unsettling to not get in our room until almost 4pm which left little time to relax from being on the road and then get ready for the night. The room seemed overly crowded and I bumped into the chair that was at the desk on the way from the bathroom several times.. the chair was way too big for the desk & the space between the desk & bed. I have stayed in other Holiday Inn Express & Suites that were much bigger & nicer & don't think this room could be called a suite. The free breakfast is always a welcome from Holiday Inn Express hotels & it had the standard food but the attendant was very conscientious in her job made sure everything was well stocked & clean. Might try the Staybridge Suites down the road if we every come back to Tyler but this hotel would do again also if we had no other choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. It is with these comments that we are able to take the opportunity to improve in all departments. We sincerely apologize for not having your guest room ready within a timely manner and for any inconvenience this may have caused for you. With each Holiday Inn Express & Suites, you will find different layouts for each guest room. We have taken your comments into consideration and will look into possible other options for the furniture placement in the guest rooms. We appreciate your loyalty with the IHG hotel family and hope to see you again on your next trip to Tyler!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm a platinum member with Holiday Prioroty Club and stay in a hotel abut 300 nights year and I've never been treated like this. On my second night here at about 9:00 PM the front desk calls me and tells me they need a credit card for incidentals. First I have two yes two business cards on file with Prioroty club and at all IHG i have stayed at I have never been asked for a personal card for incidentals. So I gave my personal debit card to them when they called the second night they told me my personal credit card was declined (rather strange as I used it all over town with no problems used it 30 minutes earlier for dinner) and I needed to come to the desk immediate and give $20 on a credit card for incidentals. This hotel has no bar no restaurant NOTHING like this all they have is a suite shop for snack I don't use there suite shop due to prices to high. I had advised the person I was not coming back down that night and I could take care of it on Sat. They continued to argue with me finally I hung up the phone. Then bright and early the next morning 8:00 am I got another call insisting I come down to pay a $100 cash deposit for incidentals. REALLY $100 for SNACK ARE YOU CRAZY and cash when I have TWO credit cards on file. I insisted that the manger call me in regards to this matter and guess who calls me. The director os sales yes the director of sales finally I was so frustrated mchecked out of this hotel AND I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I moved to another IHG property much newer and
Less expensive and there's no cracks in the tub. Yes the jacuzzi tub had cracks that hab been arched numerous times one of the dials were missing real safe.

Room Tip: Go to Staybridge Suites on McDonald just down the street much better deal and still a IHG property
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are deeply apologetic and disappointed to know that you encountered issues during your stay and it was anything less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, your experience was not the same as many of our other satisfied customers have received.
While it is a policy at most hotels requiring some form of payment for incidentals, the amount and actual policy may vary a little. We do try to be lenient with our guests and accommodate their needs as best as possible, but we do require some form of payment on file for incidentals that is authorized upon your arrival and released immediately upon your departure. Incidentals are such as suite shop items, dry cleaning, long distance phone calls, and for smoking or pet damages to the guest rooms. We tried multiple times to speak with you and try to work with you for the incidentals and upon leaving a message for you at 5PM, we received a phone call back from you at approximately 9PM on the 2nd night of your stay. We completely understand it being later in the evening when you received the voicemail and that is why we were trying to accommodate you as best we could and speak to you Saturday morning.
I reviewed your comments in regards to the crack in the Jacuzzi tub with our Chief Maintenance Engineer and we are currently in the process of replacing all of our Jacuzzi bottoms.
If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us personally.
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Close to University of Texas at Tyler, Mall and restaurants like Texas Roadhouse. Nice rooms, good breakfast buffet as usual....will definitely return when in Tyler TX

A Texas Resident and frequent traveler to Tyler

Resident of Mansfield TX

Room Tip: Near numerous businesses and restaurants
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad that our location worked perfectly for you and you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tyler!
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were recently in Tyler for an emergency hospital stay and happened across this conveniently located hotel. The front desk and the hotel manager went out of the way to accommodate us. The hotel/rooms were attractive, clean, and extremely comfortable. The breakfast was fresh.

The icing on the cake? When the bill was left under the door, there was a personal note from the staff thanking us and wishing my husband a speeding recovery. I would have written a positive review without that extra special touch, but I can't express how much it meant to receive the note.

We highly recommend and would readily stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! We appreciate your feedback and hope that your husband is recovering well & is doing much better! We would love to see you on your next trip to Tyler!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Booked room on web and made special request which was surprisingly fulfilled. Room large, CLEAN and very comfortable. Will definitely stay here each time I visit Tyler, TX.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor comment and for making the Holiday Inn Express South your choice hotel for your trips to Tyler! We will be looking forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South? Share your experiences!