“i have seen the changes” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Turkey Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Turkey
Hotel Turkey Bed & Breakfast
You added Hotel Turkey Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
3rd & Alexander, PO Box 37, Turkey, TX 79261   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Turkey B&B and Inns
fla.
“i have seen the changes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

I have been to the turkey hotel every april for four years.
arter our first visit
which was to ride in caprock st park ,this is awonderful ride, We liked it so much We bought the building next to the hotel. We return every year the last weekrnd of april for the Bob Wills festival. In 2008/9 The hotel was run by a man who did little but party he had bad service filthy habits poor service and the hotel showed it. But now the hotel is owned by a local man who has taken a good hand to it .It is clean again food is great service is good and lot of local color can be found there
i hope that the bad reviews i read do not keep people from the experince of a trip to turkey Come in april and visit us at the cactus.
rooms are hard to get during the festival.
contact the city and they wii help

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

Take a step back in time at the Turkey Hotel. Largely remaining as it was when it opened, you'll experience what those travelers getting of train experienced in 1927. It's not just the building either, but the service is personal and friendly, the epitome of rural Texas. The breakfast (included in your rate) was made to order and filling. In fact the breakfast was so good, I'm going back again on a Friday to have dinner. It's an experience like no other, and will allow you to become part of a long history.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I am a huge fan of Six-man football and often travel great distances to see a game. Such was the case this time. After the game between the Valley Patriots and the Happy Cowboys, one of the local coaches suggested I might want to spend the night at the Turkey Hotel. I took him up on that suggestion and am I glad I did.

I was treated like royalty from the time I arrived until I left. The room I had was very clean and priced well. The service provided at the front desk and the breakfast the next morning were both exceptional. I was able to visit with the delightful owner of the establishment as well as some of the locals who came in for breakfast along with other hotel guest.

This was my first experience with the Turkey Hotel. It certainly will not be my last.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Childress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

I want to address some of the bad reviews. The Turkey Hotel is under new management and the bad reviews were with the previous owner. You will always have a clean room and a hot breakfast. They are also serving noon to evening on Fridays. You will not hear anyone having a fit or cussing the help! The food is great! I wish I lived closer so I could eat there more often.
When I pick up my grandchildren (age 4 and 7) for weekend visits, the first thing they ask me is, "Are we going to the Turkey Hotel?" It is a very historic and charming place. It's nice to be able to relax and let the children roam around and not worry about them. My grandson (4) asked me the last time they were with me, "Why can't we just go to the Turkey Hotel?".
Try it! You will not regret it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
houston,tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

great place,people & good food,the staff is the best around

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

It is a classic old building. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was great. We had 2 rooms and all of the rooms have their own personality. The decor is quite unique from room to room. The small town charm was wonderful and the short distance to Caprock Canyons was very handy. I will go back when in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Well to start off. It is wonderful hotel. The stay at the Hotel Turkey was ok. Me and a group of ladies stayed at the hotel for the weekend. It was a ladies weekend. Everything was fine, till Sunday morning when we were all getting ready to go. A girlfriend and I were standing in the lobby of the hotel when we heard yelling and cursing coming from the kitchen/dining room area. We were appalled at what we had heard.
The owner was yelling and cursing at his mother. Like I had never heard before. The owner thought we had left I am sure. Or he wouldn't have been so loud. Listen folks, I don't agree with the way he treated his mother at all and what he called over and over. I will spare ya'll that. But the reason I am posting this review is because people should know what this person (owner) is like. He is a sweet talker, but I guess you would have to be to fool the public. This man has a temper that I have not nor would not want to see in a person.

Stayed January 2008

Been to Hotel Turkey Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!