“Huge disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tomball
Esparza, Costa Rica
“Huge disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Lived down the street for years and came back to visit the neighborhood. The no smoking signs were a laugh as the entire place smells like a sealed casino on Freemont Street. Smoking does not bother us but one night and we had to change due to the odor. It is an economical workers hotel only. Beds were uneven and uncomfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife rated it as a two. I rate a four when price is factired in. The bed was ok, the AC, TV, bathroom and everything elase worked fine. Room did not smell. Bathroom was clean, no mold, coffeee pot looked clean. AC was a window unit, a bit noisly, but it blew cold air.Security looked adequate. The online reservation worked fine, no surprises. Internet worked for us. I did not try the phone, nor do I recall seeing an alarm clock.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for work last night, and was thoroughly discusted. Dirty carpets, dirty bathroom floors, filthy light fixtures , and bathroom facilities, mold in the bathtub, and what appeared and smelled like vomitus on the box spring bed cover. I sat down on the bed, tired and turned off the lights. Started itching immediately, turned on the light and saw a black spot on my pillow, I smashed it and it was full of blood. I left instantly. Cheap, but not worth it!

• Stayed January 2013
Oak Hill, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Dirty coffee pot, worn out pillows, no hot water in the sink, floor needed to have a visit with a vacuum, smells of smoke. Free breakfast generic tang not O.J. Mini generic honey buns & muffins one cup for coffee. A/c heater is controlled by inn, came on at 3 am off at12 noon. Never saw a housekeeper the whole stay. Other than that it is a good place to stay if you want a old queen size bed. Friendly guy that checked us in.

Room Tip: Pay more and maybe you would get a better night stay at another motel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orangefield, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We arrived at 8pm on the night of our stay and checked out at 5 am the next morn. ( We were suppose to stay for 3 nights). First thing we noticed when we walked in the room was the smell. It smelt like mildew. Then we noticed the phone cord was wrapped around the phone and did not work. There was no alarm clock in the room either. The room was clean and good size and the a/c was on so it was nice and cool. We left to get something to eat and asked the front desk for an alarm clock. They said they could just do a wake up call...and I told them the phone didn't work so they brought an alarm to our room while we were gone-which didn't work. You couldn't set the clock or the alarm but the numbers flashed and the radio on it worked. As we were pulling out of the parking lot I thought I noticed the pool area but it looked like it was all grass. So when we got back that was the first thing we went to look at- it was filled in!! So we went to the front desk and asked about the pool..they said its been filled in for awhile and said it doesn't show it online...but it does!! Every website I have seen this hotel on shows it has a pool. Theres even pics of it. I told the man at the front desk we would not be staying the next 2 days w/o a pool. Its pretty hot in Texas in June! We were in town for my husband to work and the pool is what was gonna keep me occupied for the day while he was working. Then to make matters worse when we got back to our room my husband wanted to take a bath-no plug for the tub. And I tried to get online to look for another hotel..took me about 20 mins to get online and after less than 5 mins I lost internet and fought with it for over an hour to try to get it to do anything. The signal was very poor and wouldn't stay connected. Then as if that wasn't enough when we finally lay down at almost 11 we laid in bed for hours listening to the a/c make noise. It sounded like someone was standing there over the a/c with a water hose pouring water into the a/c. Running water is not what I want to hear all night while I try to sleep. Oh and the security lock they have on the inside of the rooms was gone. The room only locked with the room key. No way to keep people out if they decided to break in. The staff was extremely nice and they seemed to understand our reasons for leaving, but didn't offer any discounts. If we could have gotten our money back at midnight we would have left and found another hotel. Matter of fact I paid an extra $25 to check in to the other hotel early!! Its pretty sad that you have to use your cell phone to make local calls(glad we didn't have to call 911), use the internet, and as an alarm clock when your paying a hotel for all those things. And one more thing, they don't have a bar/lounge in the hotel. There is a mexican restaurant in the front of the parking lot and that is what they are calling their lounge. If you just want a place to sleep and shower with a/c then this place will be fine. But if you want the amenities it advertises, you will be greatly disappointed!!

Room Tip: I wish I would have taken pictures!! Not sure how we had such a horrible stay when all the reviews I...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was here for a cass at the local collage for my job and when I stayed here, it made me feel like home. The room was clean and fresh ( newly renovated). The carpet was soft and clean.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Surprised to see the collage was across the street. The mexican restraunt was the best, fajitas were the best.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

The nicest hotel in town for the price. The staff is very helpful and very nice. The lobby brings a home like feeling. The rooms are nice and very clean. The location is really convient. The restraunt is on the premisis. They have great fajitas. Plenty of truck parking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Economy Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!