“Welcome Back to the 1940's” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Spring, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Welcome Back to the 1940's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wonderful children bought me a ride on the Texas Raiders World War II vintage B-17 bomber. It was Memorial Day weekend made it especially nice. Eight of us boarded the plane after a short briefing and found a seat. I sat in the radio man's seat. Short taxi to the runway and off we went . After a very short time we undid our seat belts and roamed freely about the cabin and cockpit. The side machine gun hatches were open as well as a ceiling hatch which made for a comfortable breezy flight. We were airborne cruising low and slow for about 30 minutes. It appears if you pay a little extra you can sit in the navigator/bombardier seat in the nose of the plane. Great view, but no access to the cockpit or cabin. I will be returning for more trips for sure. First class experience. The B-17 parks just outside the airport's restaurant so food and restroom facilities are available. Plenty of parking too. I think there is a minimum age requirement.

Visited May 2014