“A Work in Progress?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tomball
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Work in Progress?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have had mostly negative experiences at La Quinta hotels yet the company I travel for continues to book me there occasionally. I have yet to find one that remotely looks like the ones in the commercials!!
This hotel has undergone room renovations and is currently in the process of completing the main floor lobby and common areas. When complete, the common areas look as though they will be quite nice.
The rooms have the feel of a half completed project. I found no problem with cleanliness or noise. Although I can understand the desire to save money, the wood furniture was original and had been refinished with a high gloss black paint. Not bad I though until I opened a dresser drawer and the bottom was falling out.
The carpet was new as was the bedding. The bed however was firm and I'm not sure of the age.
Overall, the room was clean and quiet though so I would rate this hotel at the top of my La Quinta list.
The exterior pool area is very nicely done with fresh walkways, very nice landscaping and tables and gazebo. Very nice!!
Not bad overall and would not discourage anyone from staying. The effort from management on upgrades is appreciated.

Room Tip: Wood framed building. Go for top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mount Vernon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights at the La Quinta Inn in Tomball, Texas. Overall, we found it to be a pleasant experience. Major pros would include the super soft, comfy beds. I slept better in this bed than I did my own! Additionally, the towels were very fluffy and soft. The room was decorated nicely and the microwave and fridge were concealed in a dark wooden cabinet. Another huge pro was the breakfast. They had a huge selection of breakfast foods to help you get your day started. We had hash browns, buttermilk biscuits, gravy, sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs (with salsa topping), orange juice, coffee...Breakfast also included sweet tea, filtered water, 3 types of cereal, danishes, muffins, fresh fruit, and more. It was amazing and way better than I expected.

There were just a few cons from our stay- the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub had dead baby frogs floating in them. Also, they were renovating the place so the hallways were messy with tools and halfway completed floors. Around 8:30 in the morning we could hear hammering and power drills.

Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend this place to anyway needing to stay in Tomball.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previously so I was a little disappointed that the entire 1st floor was under construction including the dining area. Other than this the stay was good, service was good, and the rates were reasonable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We always stay at LaQuinta hotels because they are always nice and clean and we know our dog will be accepted at all of them. We've never had a bad experience until now. Some of the issues encountered were: *Room was not ready to check in until 4:00 (we arrived at 1:30) *rooms were filled with odor (tried out 2 rooms) * rooms were never cleaned - towels were taken but never put clean towels back (we had to go downstairs to get new towels, trash never taken, bed never made *sticky floors (carpet & tile) *hotel was under construction - stairwells blocked by construction equipment (not only is this a fire hazard, but our dog does not like elevators so we were forced to step around and over construction equipment which was very dangerous) *remote in room did not work (we tried to change batteries) *no pen/ paper in hotel *no water available in any vending machines on any floor *vending machines took $ twice Overall a bad experience. Would not recommend and would definitely not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have stayed at this La Quinta several times. It is clean and quiet and comfortable. The breakfast is good and the breakfast room is large and comfortable.
During my last stay, the only elevator in the place was not functional from Saturday afternoon til at least Sunday morning. Although I was able to walk to the Third floor myself, there were some elderly people in a wedding party that were anxiously asking about a time-line for fixing it. The staff was rather dismissive and cavalier about the whole thing. It did not seem to be a priority for them. I was glad that I did not have any heavy suitcases with me. No elevator in a three story hotel is not a joke.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
La Vernia, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We went to Tomball to attend a wedding. The La Quinta was easy to find and was very clean. The room was just as expected and the staff accommodated our request to be close to the elevator with no problem. The only issue we had was the hot tub was not working. Other than that it was a nice stay. The wedding was wonderful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The local airport booked a room for me at a specific price. Upon checkout the price was significantly increased. They would not honor the quote I received. I was even charged more than their advertised price on their WEB page. Breakfast was fair to poor. The room wasn't especially clean. The room didn't have a wall thermostat and I had to futz around with the controls on the AC. It was difficult to keep the room comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a thermostat, if they even have one.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tomball? Share your experiences!