“Double Charge?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Palace Inn Tomball

You added Palace Inn Tomball to your Saves list
Palace Inn Tomball
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1437 Keefer Road, off FM2920 and FM249, Tomball, TX 77375 (Formerly Super 8 Tomball)   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Tomball
Collin County, texas
“Double Charge?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Booked through hotwire, so I had a confirmation number and receipt. I called since I was delayed with my roommate to arrive before me. I wanted her to check in and obtain the room key The guy at the desk could not "find" my reservation. Then he found my reservation and told me my confirmation number was not a confirmation number. (huh?) He did give my roommate a key after she PAID AGAIN for the room. I went back to the desk and demanded a refund. After several phones he made (not in English) and 30 minutes of me obviously not leaving, he returned the second room fee. NOT WORTH A DOUBLE CHARGE,

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed two nights & this hotel to attend the opening day of the Renaissance. It was a good location, about 20-30 minutes away. I booked these nights on Hotels.com. And already paid for it. Always read reviews, I didn't & should've.
I originally booked one bed. When we arrived we didn't like the look of the hotel. The front desk guy I could barely understand. When we got our keys to the room we got asked if we wanted a free adult movie. Umm....no.
Went up to our room. My husband pulled back the covers on the bed to get ready to lay down & not only was there a big, bloody booger on the bed, but I looked like the sheets were barely washed & looked like someone just had their period on it. When we tried to call the front desk to notify them & see if they can come at least clean up the bed, the phone was not plugged in & didn't not work (after my husband plugged it in). As we walked down stairs to talk to the front desk we pass a few rooms (doors open) with women with their men friends. (trying to be nice)

The front desk ended up moving us to a different room with 2 beds. The room stunk. Like it was fumigated. The bed was hard, and the bed only had a sheet covering the mattress. No mattress cover or fitted sheet, just a sheet. But we made due.

When we attended the Renaissance, we ended up taking our suitcases & stuff with us. Around noon, we get a phone call asking if we were staying the second night because the cleaning lady didn't "find" any of our stuff. At first I didn't think anything of it, but started thinking that if they are looking for our stuff, we have not had stuff. I'm really picky about leaving my stuff at a hotel in the first place. I get that they were double checking because they could've used the room, but I've never got a phone call asking about our stuff. Odd.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Grove, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Well, the front desk guy barely spoke English, after 30 min he told us to pay for a week and he'd refund the last day if we didn't use it because with my husbands job we do not always know when we will be leaving, so we did. We did end up leaving a day early and he refused to follow through with his word. We visited the pool and there was a woman with 3 children who lived in the motel and she literally would not stop staring at me. I moved to break her stare and she followed with her eyes. She was very creepy and it was no wonder nobody but her used the pool. The room was clean. They say complimentary breakfast but they really mean complimentary fruit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my kids and had a horrible experience! While there, we saw roaches running all over the place and later on that night, we discovered that there was an infestation of bedbugs. They were crawling all around the bed and I had to contact the front desk to tell them about it. However, the guy at the front desk denied any other problems with bedbugs and I even showed him where I had killed on in the bed and it was full of blood. They did give me a refund but I am contacting an attorney on tomorrow!! Please do not stay here!!

• Stayed May 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

this hotel is newly renovated.the pressure in the showers are great.water comes out good and hot.very relaxing hotel room, great area because your close to restaurants, shopping centers, about 25 min to the Renaissance Festival, and just across the street is HEB..for those who do not know what HEB is , the best supermarket in Texas.Security is great and owners are very friendly.they also offer a continnental breakfast whisc consists of fruit, cereal,coffee,oj,waffles,muffins and toast.i highly recommend this place....

Room Tip: bottom floors, rooms 112-120
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Midlothian, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our stay at this property started off on a bad note. We were left standing in the lobby for nearly 30 mins before someone came out from the back to acknowledge and check us in. That 30 mins was time we didn't have since we were running late for the wedding we came to attend.
With the exception of the check in issues, our stay was fine. The rooms was clean and well equipped. The shower was great but the towels were small, thin and very worn.
The address given will not get you there but it is easy to find once you get close. It is called a "Super 8" but in the lobby all S8 logos are covered with signs calling it something else. Not sure which is correct

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel because it had received good reviews, but it changed ownership recently to "The Palace" and is under new management. The sheets were pink (appearing to have been laundered incorrectly) and the breakfast was almost non-existent and ended at 9:00 on the weekends. Walls are very thin and conversations from adjacent rooms could be heard as well as outside traffic noise. It is no longer the good value it previously was.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Palace Inn Tomball? Share your experiences!