I had a two night meeting at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center. When getting the link from my company, I clicked it to see where we would be staying. My room was nothing like the photos or videos on their site.
This resort was built in 1974. My room was 39 years old. The walls are thin and the restroom was as small as a confessional. The floor was not level and the room accessories were cheap. The linens were quality, as was the flat screen LCD. I did not have a safe nor did I have a refrigerator. There are no elevators in the "Basal Briar" building, so pack light. My room had an odor, too.
The employees were attentive and professional. Concierge was helpful. They have several golf carts that provide shuttle service around the resort. We did eat in Royal Mile Grille Restaurant and found the selection and pricing to be fair. The service here was tops.
As we waited for a taxi one of the properties shuttle buses returned and I viewed the property photo on the side of the bus. It is similar to the one you'll find on their website showing a massive pools, slides, many lawn chairs, etc. I asked the worker where the picture was taken? He pointed the opposite direction of where I was located. When making your reservation make sure you are clear on where an what you are getting.
I asked some of my colleagues if they would return here with their families, and all of us said, "No." Primarily because this resort is build around golf and conventions. Since this was a business meeting, we were not able to view the resort amenities as if we were on vacationThe facilities in the main building are tops. For our meeting everything provided worked beautifully. The water surrounding the principle building is not pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis Waterscape™ with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands