This was our first trip to The Woodlands Resort and I'm sorry to say it didn't live up to the hype. When we first entered the property we loved it---beautiful location, great atmosphere. gorgeous pools. Then we checked in... the young man at the front desk (who looked to be all of about 16) was not friendly, or welcoming. In fact, his attitude was rather condescending. He offered no additional information unless specifically asked. He never smiled. He didn't even say hello, or welcome, or enjoy your stay. Our room, while spacious, was decorated very 80's/90's-- very dated. There were only 3 towels, 1 bath towel and no wash cloths. We asked for more and were only brought wash cloths. There were two full baths, which was nice because the sink in one was leaking onto the floor. We reported it and it was fixed. The next day the housekeeping staff did give us a full set of towels, but it seems to me that it should have been fully appointed upon arrival. The bed was fantastic. There was a small pool near our building that was fantastic-- very clean, very quiet. On our second night a family of 6 stayed in the room above us. We had to call to complain about the noise after the kids kept bouncing a ball, playing and jumping around until after midnight. Even after that it was another hour before they got quiet. We had taken a trip across 5 states earlier in the month and wi-fi was free in EVERY hotel, so it was a shock to discover that there was a $9.95 charge per day. Also, it would have been nice to have a happy hour in the bar. And who doesn't have complementary breakfast?? This entire experience felt like a step backwards--- and not in a good way. Probably won't be returning anytime soon.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel
- The Woodlands Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, The Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 440 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis Waterscape™. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 180 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property’s three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.