I stayed here last night after a school gala (and last year one night after the same event). Both times I stayed in one of the "newer" rooms. The rooms are nice enough and the beds are fairly comfortable. I will have to agree with others in that the walls are incredibly thin!! We could hear the entire conversation about the wedding the couple next to us were going to attend this afternoon and how cold the man thought it was in the room, but his wife was still hot. I didn't enjoy the conversation at 7:00 this morning when I didn't get in until 1 a.m. (and was very quiet about getting into my room). I don't know what you could possibly do to fix this, but it is quite bad! Possibly group rooms with the same group together (I know my group had a number of rooms, yet no one was near me, and it was booked well in advance).
We did stop in the bar for one drink, then they closed it down. I do know that 2 months ago our group requested that the bar stay open until 2 a.m., and were told that with that much notice it would be no problem (last year they closed at 12:30). They ended up closing at 12:30 again. The girl behind the bar makes a wonderful Lemon Drop Martini - but it would've been nice to be able to stick around for a second one (that I wasn't willing to buy and down real quick to make the last call deadline). Service in there was ok, but if there was any other option at all, we wouldn't have stayed. Several people are talking about bringing our own wine next year and just gathering in our rooms or other areas.
We also encountered a very rude guy by the loading dock when we were trying to unload our cars for our event. The guys in valet told us to go to this area, but the guy there wouldn't let us pull up and was quite rude about it.
We will probably have our gala there again next year, but I'm not sure I'll be spending the night again.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel
- The Woodlands Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, The Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 440 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis Waterscape™. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 180 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property’s three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.