“Good conference center” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Stavanger, Norway
“Good conference center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I only stayed a week in the conference center part so review is of this part only, heard from other course participants that hotel was very expensive though. As a conference center I would rate it very highly, excellent breakfast service as well as lunch, the staff was very helpful , smiling and friendly and conference rooms were good with nice chairs. Would have a conference here again :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Trefold,
Thank you for your kind comments about us! We hope to see you again on your next trip to the states.

The Woodlands Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I love this place! I have stayed here a few times, even when I lived in Texas. Great pools with activities for the children. Lovely grounds. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Angelamst,
Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to serve you soon!

Waxhaw, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Looks great online, poor in reality. In addition to shabby old rooms badly in need of renovation, our room was freezing cold, dirty and did not have enough beds to accomodate our party. On top of all that, the spiral staircase and outdated banister were an accident waiting to happen for our four little ones. On the plus side, the staff were friendly and helpful and it was no problem to cancel our booking without penalty, thank goodness!

There are plenty of nice hotels in the area, go elsewhere!

Anita N,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will consider your comments as we continually seek to improve our services and amenities. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Humble, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I just got back from my two night weekend stay the Woodlands Resort - a few minutes ago. I live in town, but I needed to take a Mommy BREAK! I wanted to sleep, sleep, sleep. Unfortunately, the bed was TERRIBLE! I barely slept! I was highly disappointed! Please contact Hilton and ask what kind of beds they use. I was told you use industry standards - from what, Motel 6?!!!

On another note.....

I stayed in the Fairway room and it was beautiful,clean, and serene. The staff is very courteous and eager to please. Well, all except the check in girl on duty Friday night December 28, 2012. She had a pony tail. She told me that I had an upgrade and I would normally have stayed in the lodge! What! This is upsetting because I know I paid for a Fairway room and if you saw the lodge - you'd be offended too! It's from the early 80's and they are closed for some long overdue renovation. This would have been the perfect stay, if it were not for the very uncomfortable bed. I took a bike ride and that was fun. It was only 5$/dy, but for good reason. The bikes are from the 70's. They are old and rusty, but still fun! I also went to the spa and I enjoyed the wet and dry saunas! Beware of the wet sauna, boy is it hot! There are nice nooks and crannies to feel one with nature in the resort. My room was very quiet. I would love to come back, but I need a better bed!

Room Tip: Stay in the Fairway rooms! They have some facing the golf course that are very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Ursula E,
Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear your experience was not what you expected. We have passed along your comments to the proper departments for the attention they deserve. Thank you for bringing these things to our attention. We hope that we will have the opportunity to win back your business in the future.

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We are already planning our next trip. Our kids 5 and 2, enjoyed the stay so much that they even asked when we are going back. My family stayed at the newer Fairway Pines on the first floor looking at the beautiful pool for 2 nights. Because it was Christmas weekend, it seemed like we had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed walking on the trails ringing the golf course and playing with the kids in the play area. We did not dine there so cannot say anything about the food. The staff is very friendly and courteous. There was no mini-fridge in the room so it was a challenge to keep the kids' milk chilled. We took day trips to the woodlands mall. We took a dip in the pool although it was cold. There is a whirlpool with hot water. I can imagine the pool being the center of the action in Summer. Definitely a wonderful place for families with active little children and people looking to relax by taking it easy.

Room Tip: First floor rooms with pol view are wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Sunil M,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us over the holidays and appreciate being a part of your celebrations. We are sorry you were not made aware that we offer in room refrigerators upon request for no charge. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Was back at the Woodlands Resort and Conference Center for a work conference. First time being housed in the 'cottage rooms'. If these rooms have been updated since the property opened in the mid 1970's, I'd be surprised. Dirty tiles in the bathrooms, peeling paint, sloping floors and a general dirty feel to the room. Also circuitous walk to the room past puddles of water, glasses left outside rooms for more than 24 hours and cracking sidewalks. Since the hotel didn't seem to be that busy, can't imagine why I got put out in the hinterlands of old, dirty cottage rooms. I'll take the paper-thin walls of the newer rooms over this.

Room Tip: Stay away from these cottage rooms until the resort upgrades.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Angela F,
Thank you for your candid review. We have passed your comments along to the appropriate departments for the attention they deserve.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Visiting the conference center was first class. Food was excellent, rooms are well apportioned and staff is very helpful. I reall enjoy golf on the TPC course designed by Gary Players. 13th hole is one tough shot onto an island

Room Tip: The cottages along the 18th hole are beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Eric D,
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and got to experience a great course in the former Tournament Players Course. The Woodlands Country Club does a great job keeping those courses in pristine condition. We look forward to serving you again soon.

The Woodlands Resort

Been to The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!