“Great place to play for the whole family” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
“Great place to play for the whole family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

There is something for everyone at this very special resort! The pool with double waterslides are faster than one might anticipate. We have traveled some distance for half the fun especially since at these there was NO WAIT!! With golfing and shopping nearby not to mention world class concert availability--what's not to love! We will come back often!!

Only negatives might be the underwhelming views from some of the condo-like rooms which are situated a good hike away from amenities. Also these room tend to be a bit more dated than what you might expect. But it didn't cramp our style too much-- we still managed a very good time! Breakfast buffet ran $45/2 people. We wanted to eat outside and it was not especially clean but the service even outside was acceptable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Shellndavid,
Thank you for your review of our recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to the appropriate departments. We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time and look forward to seeing you again soon.

The Woodlands Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The disappointing part was we booked a Junior Suite for the fact that it has TWO BATHROOMS, yes, that was AMAZING, but when we arrived there was no mini fridge or microwave, which (maybe this is me expecting too much) you would think you would get with a "suite". There was a king size bed in the back room and a fold out sofa in the front room. I don't think any feelings wiould be hurt if the couch was replaced with a queen or king bed in the front room. There was a bachelorette party right above us and when we called the front desk five times (at 2 am) they took care of the problem within an hour and were very nice about it and gave a discount on our rate for the night. The pools were GREAT and room service breakfast was absolutely delicious, although very expensive (but it was vacation so who cares right) :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
TassinJJ,
Thank you for letting us and others know about your recent experience. We do offer a mini-fridge and microwave upon request at no charge - I am sorry to hear you were not made aware of that service. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our room service and pools. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Aalsmeer, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have stayed here for two days. Overall it was good, but our room was just average.

Pros:
swimming pool
perfect breakfast
Friendly personel
good service
really nice location

Cons:
wifi in your own room was not free (additional $10,-/24Hrs)
Beds were way too small (hickory room)

Room Tip: Aks for a room with king size bed(s) because the queen size sleeps like a double.......
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Ton S,
We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The place was very nice, relaxing. Breakfast buffet was terrific. The kids loved the pool, seemed to have a lot of activities for the kids. Service was a little slow though. We got the Oasis package but the bike part of it fell short. The bikes were in poor shape, and part of the bike trail was blocked off, so not sure if I'd do the package again. Our room was on the 2nd floor, with a huge skylight, so didn't quite get the sleep I was hoping for. So next time I'll make sure we're on the 1st floor, or verify if there's a skylight. But overall, we had a great experience and would go again. It's a great getaway that's not too far away.

Room Tip: If you are looking for sleep, and a dark room, get a 1st floor room or make sure the room doesn'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Lisa B,
Thank you for taking time to share with us your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here for a business conference and was thoroughly unimpressed with the entire property. I'm sure it was a nice place in the 1970's, but it doesn't seem like it's been freshened up since. Unless forced to stay here for business, I'd avoid.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rich M.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We do hope to have the privilege of serving you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Went for a weekend away from the city. Location is absolutely beautiful. Service quality is much lower than I would have expected. My family was not pleased. When dialing the operator, you can expect to be on hold for over a minute or maybe not even answered at all.

• Stayed August 2012
Luiscarlo,
Thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to win back your business in the future.

Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I just stayed at the woodlands resort for a week long business training seminar. I was very impressed with the property. I had one minor issue that only happened the first night, I had a connecting room and I could hear the people in the next room but from the sounds of it they must have been having a small party going on I would say at least 4 people were in the room. The rest of the stay there were people in the same room (I saw the do not disturb pine cone hanging from the door) and I didn't hear any thing for the room. I was staying in the building over by the water park pool so there were plenty of kids around but I was never bothered by any of them, usually when I've stayed in a hotel where there is a water park or water activities with a lot of kids you hear them running and yelling up and down the hall ways but non here. My room was very clean and updated except for the sink faucet which did strike me as odd as to whey the room and bathroom was updated but not the sink faucets. My bed was very comfortalbe and I always got a good night sleep. I enjoyed the pool area it was nice being able to get away after a day of business training.

The training rooms we were in were very nice and well equiped for training purposes. I must say the food was very good. I never went hungry with breakfast, lunch and snacks included in our package you would have to hate food to go hungry here. The staff was also very polite, friendly and treated you like you were number one. It kind of remined me of being on a cruise which I will be on a week long NCL cruise in a week so it was kind of like a warm up for the upcoming vacation.

I was very happy with my stay here.

Room Tip: it all depends on if you have kids or not, if you do then stay by the big pool set up, if not then a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Polarisdan,
We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience during your week long stay with us and that you were able to enjoy some of our leisure amenities during your business trip. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

The Woodlands Resort

Been to The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!