My husband and I live in the Houston area and after having our second child, decided to take a quick weekend trip. With our sitter living in Spring, the WR&CC was an easy choice, so I reserved the "Romantic Getaway" package.
*All* staff members were friendly, greeting us at all times, which we always appreciate and note when traveling. We were put in the Tree Tops 3rd floor which ended up being a key-entry floor with convenient offerings such as fresh fruits and cheeses, snacks and a variety of drinks throughout the day. Our room looked over the pool area, and although it was nice, we'd hoped for a bit more quiet on our "romantic" weekend. I called down to the front desk. Matt, who had checked us in, immediately sent someone over with new keys to move us across the hall to a golf-facing balcony room. Touches such as robes and fluffy bedding, blue-bonnet seed packets to take home, and offering the flexibility of using our room service coupons for the breakfast buffet added to our experience.
The only slightly negative experience we had was in the dining room. We were told the dinner buffet wasn't offered due to low occupancy (which surprised me-see last paragraph) so we ordered from the menu. The two seafood entrees were pretty good; the coffees and dessert (pecan pie a la mode) were tasty. We ate dinner rather late (8pm) and ended up being one of only two couples in the dining room. This could've been romantic but they seated the second couple right next to us, despite the vast number of empty tables.
The pool area on Friday was wonderful and relaxing, the weekend arrivals had not yet begun trickling in. By Saturday the pool area was crowded and there were quite a few kids. Since we were missing ours a bit, it didn't bother us (we played some informal water volleyball) but if you are looking for a different (read: quieter) experience I recommend going during the week. We'll probably bring our kids up one weekend to enjoy the pool, the face-painting clown, poolside hamburgers, and water slide.
We did take advantage of the poolside ping-pong table. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to play pool, shuffleboard, or fooseball. It's nice that they have these available, though. They also have a business center and a few "ball rooms". The announcements board indicated that the Tomball class of '91 was having their reunion and there there were two business groups having meetings, as well. This may have contributed to the pool being so populated. Elsewhere (dining, grounds, etc) you wouldn't even have noticed the extra people, which says a lot about how well the WR&CC organized the events.
Finally, we packed up, took our bags to our car, and left our keys in our room. We'd planned to hang out at the pool for a bit before heading back home.....but we left our keys....in.our.room. Ugh. We told the staff outside the pool that we just wanted to spend an hour or so by the pool before leaving, but that we'd left our keys in the room and had already checked out. The young kid asked our last name and room number, dialed our room extension on his phone, verified our last name on the phone display and told us to enjoy ourselves. Sweet. We'll be back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis Waterscape™ with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center