“Always delightful.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jasper's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 168 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
49th State
“Always delightful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Another great dinner. Their food & staff is consistently wonderful and helpful. We ordered their salmon dish and pistachio crusted trout with salads. The presentation was as wonderful as the flavors. Asking for my salmon medium-rare, it was perfect! Only thing better would have been Alaskan salmon. The trout was also cooked perfect and we enjoyed wine from their extensive wine list. Thank you Jasper's.

Visited April 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Shrinkage!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Yes, this restaurant has shrunk from it's stature of yesterdays. I know restaurant business and how hard it is to make profit. Jasper's though used to be a slightly expensive but a warm, welcoming almost neighborhoody restaurant that had good food, good service and nice ambiance. The service is still good, even though waiters "pretended knowledge" is laughable.The interior decor has not changed [this is my 8 or 9th time visiting in 3 years] What bothered us last time we were there was the price point of wines. You do not have to be in the restaurant business to know the whole sale price of some of the wines. The pricing is really insulting to say the least, the less expensive wine being around $45 by the bottle and $8 by the glass. While this is not unusual in comparison to other restaurants the reader must recognize that a wine sold in grocery stores for 8 a bottle like Canyon Road and the likes, does not deserve that price tag. While the service is attentive both servers put up an air of knowledge without knowing what the heck they were talking about when describing the wines or a slight variation of a menu item. I deserve it, weekend dining as most waitors will say is "amateur night"
Food quality did not deserve that kind of price tag. Salads that have no commited taste or flavor, mashed potatoes that could be used to hang wallpaper, the lack of bread service make you feel not so good when you are paying your bill.
I will be back just because I like punishment and more immportantly to give Jasper's a fair chance.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TannerDM, Director of Sales at Jasper's Restaurant, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Pasha, I am sorry you did not enjoy your last experience with us. I would love to have you contact me and invite you in for another chance to WOW you. Our cost of wines has been on the rise due to higher gas prices, along with salmon, beef etc. We try to carry wines that are sold only in restaurants, however sometimes demand calls for us to carry some grocery store wines. Also demand in the grocery store and other retail outlets allow for vineyard to make more money, thus allowing restaurant only selections to go to retail. I hope this helps. Please contact me at kentrathbunconcepts@gmail.com
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We've eaten here many many times. The service is excellent. Overall, the food is really good. Masa soup...excellent! Sesame seared tuna...awesome (though pricey). Salad's are good but I wonder how well they wash the lettuce... we've pointed out foreign objects in the salads a few times. Otherwise, a really great place to sit outside and enjoy the weather at market street.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sandnes
“Best ribs ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had a great time with my family in the restaurant. Great service and food. What can I say? Their ribs are just amazing and goes perfectly with their warm potato salad. Top the whole thing with a dessert trio. Just love this place!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“One of my FAVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Everything I have ever eaten here is perfection. Even the tea- is above average! The blue cheese potato chips are AMAZING and anything on their grill has a great smoky flavor.

Visited February 2012