“Great Food and Drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 163 restaurants in The Woodlands
Cross street: Lake Woodlands Dr
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Food and Drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've never had a bad meal here but my wife has complained that the chicken was overcooked on a few ocassions. That was a while ago though and we have had a good experience ever since then. The drinks are always perfectly made. I love the Mai Tai, but don't miss a chance to try the pineapple mojito's! I only wish they made blueberry mojitos!

The tuna taco appetizers and chicken lollipops sounded so good that I ordered them as my entre, and they didn't disappoint. Both were EXCELLENT! The atmosphere is fun, yet family friendly. The staff at the front, and the wait staff, are very welcoming to families of young kids and that's important. If you have young kids, you know what I'm talking about!

The only thing that disappoints me is if you order their special, they won't all you to substitute anything. So, if you don't like something that's part of the special, forget it. That makes me mad really because it would be SO easy to substitute one side for another.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
HOUSTON
“Wow. Just. Wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

First off, I usually avoid chain style restaurants (unless I'm craving pancakes, then I'll make an exception) but can say we were extremely pleased by our visit to Tommy Bahama's. Ever since my wife and I returned from St. Lucia we've been craving all things tropical. Drinks, food, music, etc. We were so blissfully happy on the beach that we try to recreate it whenever possible. Enter Tommy Bahama's. While I wouldn't call it typical Caribbean fare, they do offer alot of flavors of the Caribbean. From Jerk Chicken and Pork, to Plantains and beans and rice, they do the region proud.
I won't go into too much detail about the food, but for the love of all things good, order the Jerk Chicken Tacos (appetizer, though we get it for an entree) and thank me later. They are one of the best things in Houston. We always end with the Pineapple Creme Brulee. Also divine. Tropical drinks, fantastic food, fun music, the only thing missing is the beach!

Battle Ground, Washington
“Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Excellent service. The menu was what you would expect from a themed chain restaurant, but was prepared very well. We were a large party, visiting the area on business from around the country and everyone seemed to really enjoy the experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
College Station, Texas
“Consistently very good and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything we have had has been very good - the first time I had the burger it was excellent. The atmosphere is great - tables inside, tables outside, tables in the enclosed patio area. It is not cheap but worth the splurge for a good experience.

usa
“I was surprised at how good it was!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stopped here because we were starved after flying. It looked like a pleasant atmosphere, but I assumed it would be a gimmicky place with so-so food. The staff was extremely friendly, and the menu was full of delicious things to choose from. We had scallop sliders to start and they were absolutely delicious -- lots of interesting flavors. Then I had the seared ahi tuna and kale salad. It was just right. We were too full for dessert, but they looked delicious and were absolutely huge! I'll go back the next time I'm in town. (Oh, it was a little on the pricey side.)

• Visited June 2013