“Rare visit but a very good experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 161 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
“Rare visit but a very good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped coming here because we found a place we like better BUT we love the bar menu. She loves the mango/strawberry swirl frozen Rita and me the New Mexican Martini. Or go to meal is the Baja Shrimk Tacos and won't usually stray from that unles the specials of the day is inviting. The menu rarely changes and specials stay around for a LONG time. Queso is subpar but the salsa n creamy jalapeño sauce are favorites. It's a good Tex Mex spot but I choose to leave it was a Happy Hour location. I think 5-6 or 5-7 with unlimited nacho bar.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Magnolia, Texas
“Always meets my families expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the most frequented Tex-Mex restaurant my family and I enjoy. In our multiple visits, we have only been disappointed once. The atmosphere is lively, but we come for one reason. The food.

I could do without the casual attitude and dress of the servers. Don't try to be my friend, just get the order right and keep my glass full.

Visited April 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
“Lots of pretty good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

A large group of us visited Chuy's the other night to enjoy what was billed as New Mexican food. I think I'm a pretty good judge of NM food, having lived there for 25 years. New Mexican it wasn't (there wasn't nearly enough Big Jim green chile), but it was quite good. The salsa was spicy, the chips were plentiful, and the meals were huge. I am not a fan of their spanish rice or refried beans, but everything else was very good. If you need a chile fix and you don't want to drive to NM, this is a pretty good place to go for a reasonably priced meal. If you somehow think this is real NM food, you really need to take a drive to northern NM, e.g., Espanola or Santa Fe, and see what it's all about.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Tex-mex at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful fresh made sauces. Plenty of choices of food. Nacho bar free. Happy hour drinks. Fun atmosphere. Terrific service. I had beef and chicken fajitas excellent seasoning. Veggie enchiladas great too. Got a cute t-shirt on sale too

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spring
“One of our favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visit this restaurant at least twice a month. The food is wonderful, the service is great. Note that this is not Tex-Mex it is New Mexico Mexican food. (I am a native Texan and I love New Mexico's Mexican food) The Chili Rellenos are our favorite. You can pick from several different sauces to top your entree, from mild to hot. The prices are very reasonable. They do have a happy hour self-serve chip bar and if you go to dinner between 4:00 to 7:00pm on a weekday, they fill it with queso, taco meat and beans at no charge. The one thing to note is if you go between 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm any day of the week and all day on weekends you might have a wait. (that's because it's so good!!!) It's hard for us to go to any other Mexican Restaurant after going to Chuy's.

• Visited February 2013