“Reluctant Painter” 5 of 5 stars

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Reluctant Painter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My company sponsored an event here as a team building exercise. I was quite concerned about painting anything, heck I don't even enjoy painting the house. My fears grew as I entered the venue and saw the paintings on the wall from past participants. They were quite good.

Redeeming the event was the good food and the wine provided. The painting activity was done as a team so we didn't have do do everything ourselves. We had a trained artist working with us which helped a great deal. The artist had already painted a model picture so we knew what the painting should look like.

The process of painting was quite interesting from the point of view of a non-painter. I didn't realize how many layers have to be created to get to the final picture. Our picture looked easy but it was quite involved. We had eight teams working on different pictures so there was a lot of opportunity to see what others were doing. The final pictures turned out quite well and our team was voted to have the best painting by the artists.

I can enthusiastically recommend this activity. It was very exciting, educational and just a lot of fun. I think makingit he event a competition added to the fun. I guarantee you will enjoy the experience.

Visited September 2013