“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Plainview, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Our family of 4 ate at La Lupita in The Woodlands, TX. From the first bite to the last each of us agreed that La Lupita was the best Mexican food we have ever had. The flavor combinations were fabulous. We ordered two Chili Rellenos meals, one Chicken Pablano Enchilada meal and one Barbacoa Taco meal. What a delight!

When we entered the restaurant, the music was very loud, above hearing comfort level. I asked the hostess to seat us where it wasn't quite so loud inside. Instead, she offered to have the music turned down. It was still loud enough to create a festive atmosphere, but no longer uncomfortable. I greatly appreciated the attention the hostess gave to my request. Next year when we are in The Woodlands again, we will definitely eat at La Lupita's again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Singapore, Singapore
“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Location right on the water is great, service excellent however the kitchen and drinks are poor. Poor margarita and food is so so. . . . Nothing special and not really worth a visit.

Visited May 2014
The woodlands,tx
“Don't waste your time or money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I don't know how this place is still in business. We walked in and it was HOT and balmy inside. We asked for the AC to be turned on. The chips came out COLD. Who serves cold chips? We ordered a margarita top shelf with Cazadores Tequila. When the $14 Rita's came out they came in a small glass and it didn't taste like Cazadores. I asked what it was made with and he says Patron. It tasted horrible. He ignored what we said completely. He then tried to convince me that Patron is better. Are you kidding me?? I'm not spending my money in a place like that. We walked out. On to our regular Mexican restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“overpriced terrible food with a smile”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were staying at the mariott down the river and decided to try it out because of the nice setting. Oh how i terribly regret not having checked Yelp or tripadvisor before. The outdoor seating is unmatched, nice cool fans, great view. The food is another story, I ordered the pork tacos, and the fish tacos, the queso fundido and the guac. The waiter was attentive and helpful, the appetizers were fresh and ok but then came the ordeal of the food; never have i tasted such badly prepared meals. The pork tacos were reheated from 1923 i think and the fish tacos looked like scraps that were removed form a dumpster, they tasted terrible and had no proper seasoning or sides. the pork tacos was basically a slob of meat in a taco, no effort to make a meal out of it despite the high price.
We both did not finish our meal, paid and promptly left, I did not even bother pointing out the shortcomings as it was beyond salvaging.
Our waiter was awesome, but the bill was hefty for the terrible food we had.
Considering the 100 of options around are i would recommend staying away

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spring, Texas
“Nice location - just regular food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

It isn't Tex-Mex, but Mexican fare. But it was somewhat bland and mushy. I had a spicy shrimp dish which had some kind of watery red sauce which barely had any spice to it accompanied by some overcooked rice. So, the food is not bad, it is just okay. And it was pricy. Not a good combination - average quality and high prices. I agree with others that the margaritas are good. The location is great - right on the Waterway. You can sit outside and listen to the live music on Saturday night. The service seemed fine. May or may not be back to La Lupita.

• Visited May 2014