“Woman's view” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 168 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Good Japanese food at moderate prices.
Spring, Texas
“Woman's view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Don't know squat about eating with chopsticks, but didn't matter! Would have picked up the vegetable tempura with my fingers if that was the only way to get it to my mouth! Miso soup? Let me tell you about heaven! Fresh food! Outstanding customer service! Prices can't be beat! Ring the happy tummy bong as I leave, naw , I'll use it as a tom tom! Janine Curtis

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fukuda Gouda! Yes. Liger roll was our favorite--we ordered more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Unassuming location...strip center on 45. Great atmosphere. Great service. We ate there at noon on Sunday. Family of five. Our teenage daughters dig sashimi, and they were not disappointed. Even the seven year old was satisfied with her miso soup and veggie fried rice. It was worthy of a monologue about broccoli and soy sauce. Great service. Liger roll rocks. Everything was good.

The Woodlands, Texas
“Really Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food was very good and extremely fresh. I was impressed with the sushi. We also ordered some tempura which was very good without the heavy oily taste.

Pricing was also very reasonable since we ordered the sushi mostly off the happy hour menu. The happy hour menu is most nights, which is great. The only thing I would like to see is better combinations and creativity in the rolls. I think they could offer a few more rolls. Otherwise it was very good and nice to be able to enjoy a restaurant like this off Market street.

• Visited January 2013
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We always end up here for their happy hour specials and we are never disappointed. The sushi is the best, we have only ordered main courses twice and they were just as good as the sushi.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, TX
“Amazing, this is my new favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I LOVED this place, perfect atmosphere, great food, amazing service! I was a little leary because I've passed this place so many times and didn't ever think to try it but after reading the reviews I knew I was missing out. Like I said the outside doesn't give it justice, but once you're inside it's awesome.

We ordered a few different sushi rolls and a bento box, the food was perfect, I've visited Japan, and this is the closest to Japanese food I've tasted in America. Their pricing is fair, and you get a good amount of food for what you pay. Two of us no alcohol the final bill was around $30. You have to try this place!

• Visited September 2012