This was my first experience booking and staying at a hotel on my own - I've always been able to find awesome friends and family to crash with when I travel.
First the bad, the reason I only gave 3 stars for service. I was in town a for a wedding and this was one of the hotels the wedding party had a block reservation in. When I called to inquire I was told the lady who handled event parties was in a meeting and I'd have to try later or leave her a voicemail. I asked what the usual discount rate was normally for wedding blocks and the lady quoted me $120/night. Which was interesting because their normal weekend rate was $99/night. I did eventually leave the events planner a message and she didn't email me until a few days before the wedding itself - by then I had already booked a room at their normal rate since I didn't want to wait until the last minute to book a hotel room. I replied and explain that I had already booked a room because she took so long to get back to me, I also asked if she could help me change my reservation to the wedding block to get the discount. I never got a response from her. TO be fair...this is a problem with management. When I actually stayed at the hotel all the employees I met were very nice and helpful.
The room itself wasn't anything special to note, it was your average hotel room. When I checked in everything in the room was in place and looked clean - more importantly the pillows and sheets looked and smelled clean as well. The property itself looked nice and well-maintained.
Overall this was a good experience, I'm not going to hold it against the hotel and the service staff because one lazy and irresponsible employee neglected to follow up with me. What's important to me was that checking in and out was simple and hassle free, I didn't get charged for anything I wasn't supposed to, and the room itself was clean and well-maintained.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands Hotel
- Hilton The Woodlands
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston
- The Woodlands Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands hotel is in the peaceful northern Houston suburb of The Woodlands. It is near local companies, such as Chevron Phillips Chemicals and Anadarko Petroleum, and attractions, such as the Woodlands Mall and Waterway Square. The hotel rooms and suites have an adjustable bed, free WiFi, 32-inch LCD TV, refrigerator, and microwave. There’s also a fitness center, outdoor pool, business center, meeting room, and onsite restaurant. The Great American Grill offers breakfast, dinner, and evening room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.