“Good hotel for what you're paying for in the Woodlands” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed n' Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Plano, Texas
“Good hotel for what you're paying for in the Woodlands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

This was my first experience booking and staying at a hotel on my own - I've always been able to find awesome friends and family to crash with when I travel.

First the bad, the reason I only gave 3 stars for service. I was in town a for a wedding and this was one of the hotels the wedding party had a block reservation in. When I called to inquire I was told the lady who handled event parties was in a meeting and I'd have to try later or leave her a voicemail. I asked what the usual discount rate was normally for wedding blocks and the lady quoted me $120/night. Which was interesting because their normal weekend rate was $99/night. I did eventually leave the events planner a message and she didn't email me until a few days before the wedding itself - by then I had already booked a room at their normal rate since I didn't want to wait until the last minute to book a hotel room. I replied and explain that I had already booked a room because she took so long to get back to me, I also asked if she could help me change my reservation to the wedding block to get the discount. I never got a response from her. TO be fair...this is a problem with management. When I actually stayed at the hotel all the employees I met were very nice and helpful.

The room itself wasn't anything special to note, it was your average hotel room. When I checked in everything in the room was in place and looked clean - more importantly the pillows and sheets looked and smelled clean as well. The property itself looked nice and well-maintained.

Overall this was a good experience, I'm not going to hold it against the hotel and the service staff because one lazy and irresponsible employee neglected to follow up with me. What's important to me was that checking in and out was simple and hassle free, I didn't get charged for anything I wasn't supposed to, and the room itself was clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Berlin, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

I stayed at The Woodlands Hilton Garden Inn for a week while on a business trip. It was very nicely appointed with service being high on the staff's list of priorities! Everyone who worked there from the front desk staff to the bar/breakfast staff to the housekeeping staff all had a smile and a "Hello!" as you passed by. Very nice.

My room was quite clean and well kept during my stay. The wired/wireless internet in my room worked flawlessly and was speedy. The hotel's location is ideal to area businesses, a mall, and a shopping district.

The only complaint I have, and it's just a minor one, is that they have a pay-for-breakfast which in this day and age of free breakfasts seems a little outdated. I can understand charging for the eggs, bacon, etc but I was charged for coffee and a bagel which would be free at most other places. But again, that's a small gripe and wasn't too much of an issue for me since it was on the company dime.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Liked — Customer service
  • Disliked — Have to pay for breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

I thought this hotel was very clean and pretty. The toiletries were excellent. I did feel that the service wasn't so great...The front desk wasn't very friendly. But the beds were comfy, and the rooms were large.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

This was a typical HGI--a step above a Hampton Inn, but surely below a regular full-service Hilton. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable...There were nice amenities in the room like a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom was typical if not slightly dated. The breakfast was fairly good--decent selection...Not sure if it's included with everyone's rate or not--I had coupons with my rate. If they charge for it, I have no idea how much. The location is great--I had business at a nearby complex, so it was convenient for me...Within a mile is just about every type of food you could want, along with a big mall and all of the ancillary stores nearby. Staff was pretty friendly, but not what I'd call overly accomodating...On the morning of my departure, I slept in and went down to breakfast about 5 minutes before closing...They had the thing half-torn-down already and was pretty much limited to juice, rolls and yogurt...All of the hot stuff was gone. It was fine with me, so I didn't argue.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular was wrong with the place...
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2006

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn from 1/24 to 1/26. A wonderful place to stay! Very friendly staff. I experienced a slight problem at check in (wrong nightly rate), but that was quickly remedied by the hotel manager. The room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. There was sufficient lighting not only in the room, but also in the bathroom. I encountered no heating/cooling problems or "warm" water issues that the previous reviews mentioned. The hotel is close to the mall as well as numerous eating and other shopping establishments. I would definitely stay here again. Since it is January, I did not try out the outdoor pool, but I did hear the receptionist mention that the outdoor pool is heated.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
san antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

This was a very neat, quiet, and pleasant hotel. We enjoyed our stay and the staff was very helpful, courteous and caring. We really relaxed and had a good time on our weekend trip away !

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

While the lobby and room look very nice. All three of the rooms I and my fellow travelers booked had A/C problems. Maintenance answer to making the rooms cooler was to turn the thermostat down to 46 degrees. While it did get cool enought to sleep, I would never describe it as cold and I am pushing it to describe it as cool.

I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands? Share your experiences!