“Customer Service makes this place stand out! Big Time” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed n' Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
USA
“Customer Service makes this place stand out! Big Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I prefer the Hilton chain, and within first choice is now Garden Inn, mostly because of my stays at this hotel. This hotel is conveniently located to the big Woodlands Mall and a nice large big-box store strip mall. and lots of restaurants, but not "right off" the interstate, in a nice quiet wooded setting. Very convenient parking, good service all around and very clean room an appointments. I've stayed in this hotel 4 plus times in the past 3 years and this was the first time I've had any issue with the room.
First, it's not gotten cheaper. Seems the supply and demand model is not on my side these days, but it's not too crazy considering the market.
Second, my room upon check-in at midnight had AC (heat) issues. It happened to be cold in the room, even though the thermometer was set on 76F. And this was at midnight when I checked in so we're talking a full day to microwave my room but it was considerably cool inside. Called downstairs and the great gentlemen who checked me in (wish I'd gotten his name) assisted me as he could. Even came directly up to the room to help. They got it fixed the next morning though they over-corrected; must be a calibration issue with those. Got to room the next evening from work and the temp was set on 70 and it was sweltering in the room. I had to turn it down to 60 for the evening. That seemed to work. Mechanical stuff breaks, not going to fault the hotel for that, but it's how they handle the situation, and they did it perfectly and as best they could. Certainly not going to detract stars because of mechanical issue with an AC unit, but add stars due to the reaction of staff.
Not only that, another great example of customer service, is Meagan at the front desk. Always with a smiling face and get this, I was out and about in the Woodlands area for dinner and she apparently recognizes me and says "hi Joe, did we get everything fixed with your AC unit." She wasn't on the clock or even at the hotel, but still went out of her way, on her personal time, to ensure I was still taken care of. I want to get that training manual for my company, but in reality I don't think stuff like that can be taught. So I appreciate all the attention to detail by Meagan especially.
Breakfast is great here too by the way. This place seems to sell out often, so book early.
I look forward to my next visit to the Woodlands area and will be staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The front desk mangers made the stay very enjoyable and peasant. They were very professional, courteous and helpful. My wife and I were there for a couples weekend and the management provided excellent service for us. On top of the double Hilton Points package for Honors Members they included two breakfast coupons for us as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stephen and Christina made staying at the Hilton Garden Inn very pleasant. Their greeting and their attention to detail made us ready to make the trip again. The hotel was immaculate, and the staff very responsive. Great value, great teamwork!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I love this location of this property. Close to the Woodlands mMall and many great dining choices. They have recently upgraded in facility. Lobby is nice and clean. Breakfast only option forces one to dine elsewhere for lunch an dinner. I am Not a fan of the 'adjustable' beds. Coffee provided 24hrs in lobby but only limited Keurig pucks provided in the room. We are considering changing locations in the vicinity in the future for our Visits. Staff was very friendly and seemed engaged.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Three night stay organised through work, so no input to location selection. Standard modern hotel aimed (I think) at the business traveller. Even though we arrived late, the welcome was warm and again in the morning all the staff were lovely. Breakfast buffet was comprehensive but nothing special. Microwave and hot drinks machine in room but no cutlery. However, I was given "to go" packs on request, and I guess these are included if buying food from the onsite shop. Hairdryer easily found and AC operational - which is unusal! Free WiFi, as expected. Too many towels, even for two person occupancy, and I was alone. No in-room safe which I would have liked, but in-room literature mentions a safety desposit box at reception. Gym is very small - two runners, one cross-trainer, some hand weights and no breathing on occupancy over four people.

LAS VEGAS, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

It was very nice to find a hotel in the Woodlands that was not over priced or poor quality. I was able to work productively and rest well. Rooms are comfortable, clean and well arranged for work. Employees were friendly and professional. I cannot see why anyone would spend more for any other area hotel.

La Quinta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The staff greeted me with warmth and sincerity. It made me feel like an extension of home. I have stayed at this location before and I felt very comfortable. The environment was welcoming and nice. The lobby was very nicely decorated with a feeling a style.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands? Share your experiences!