“Clean pleasant hotel with superior service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean pleasant hotel with superior service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Stayed for a few days this month on business. It is a beautiful hotel with spacious and clean rooms. Every person I spoke to during my stay was pleasant and could not do enough to assist me. They seem to be doing some room renovations but this did not disturb me during waking or sleeping hours. Endless shopping and dining within walking distance at the Woodlands Mall and Market Street.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

My girlfriends and I were looking for an overnight getaway where we could do some shopping and celebrate a special birthday. The Waterway Marriott turned out to be the perfect choice. The rooms have been recently redecorated, and the hotel's common areas are spacious and comfortable. The Woodlands offers excellent shopping and dining choices, and all are within walking distance of this hotel. Self-parking is available for a reasonable charge. All in all, a great place to spend a weekend away that's still close to home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I attended a business-related event that took place over several days. The entire group stayed at this Marriott and I was impressed with not just the hotel, but the area surrounding it as well. The hotel has a large, bright lobby with a spacious lounging area for visiting and relaxing. There is a nice bar area with a friendly staff, and also a restaurant on-site. Our room was comfortable and recently renovated, and currently this hotel is renovating all of the rooms. One of the only issues we had during this stay was the construction noise from a floor above us. The workmen were only there during regular business hours, but if you want some quiet time in your room during the day you're out of luck. So keep that in mind if you're planning to stay here soon. You might want to ask up front about the construction progress. On a more positive note, the bedding at this Marriott is very soft and comfortable. The rooms have all of the amenities you need and expect. On my next visit I will ask for a room facing the waterway at the back of the hotel. I did not use the spa here, so I cannot rate that. The very best thing about this place is the location itself. There are many restaurants, pubs, shops, markets, cinemas, etc. within easy walking distance, as well as a major concert venue. You can leave your car in the parking garage. There are also trolleys and water taxis that make regular runs through the "waterway" area, although they don't start very early or run very late in the day. We ate at the Americas restaurant right next door to the hotel one night, and Jasper's in the Market Street area the next night. Both were excellent. I especially enjoyed a visit to the Hubbell & Hudson market right around the corner from the hotel, and a stroll along the waterway just behind the hotel. We definitely plan to visit again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stay at the Marriot Waterway because of the location. I was attending a RUSH concert at the Cinthya Woods Pavillion and there is no hotel as near the venue as the Marriot.
They even have a Skybridge at the third floor that connect to the venue parking lot, so if you flight there and do not have a car - like me- that's the place to stay.
Having say that, the Hotel is huge, and really nice, but I arrived really early - 10:30 AM- and I was told no rooms were available.
Becasue the location, I walk a couple of blocks to teh Woodlands Mall and return 90 minutes later- noon-, still no room. So again out I went and hit the theater nearby.
Finally when I get back at 4PM, my room was ready.
Nice clean room on the 5th floor with a nice soft bed- for those hard- as a rock - bed lovers, this will not do it!-
I would say the cost of the room is really expensive, but since I was willing to pay it because the location, it works for me.
I've been to another ok hotels near the Woodlands area, so if you are mobile and don't want to spend much, there are definetly cheaper options around the Woodlands area.

One thing that bother me is that the hotel has a 4:00 PM check in policy which is at least 1 hour later that average hotels.

Would I recommended? YES, but only for people willing to pay the extra buck , like soft beds, and don't mind to have a 4:00 PM check in.

As far as location goes??? - It's unbeatable!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Alexandria VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I was in huge suite - dining room, living room, great master bath with wonderful tub, and a second "guest bath." Wonderful room and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Stayed here two times and both have been great. All the things you would expect out of a Marriott are here. Location can't be beat with the shopping and dining. The Waterway area is awesome. Baker Street and Goose's Acre bars are both within a 5 minute walk. Also they have self-parking next to the hotel which I think is great. Only knock would be their "Starbucks" located in the lobby. For a hotel this size they need at least three people taking orders. Last time I went I waited 20 mins in line b/c there was one person working. Not good. Other than that the hotel is great all around!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

It’s awful to be alone and on the road on your birthday. When I received an email greeting for an upcoming stay, I replied hinting that I wanted the best room available to fill the void of my lonely birthday. I chose the property to help fill my birthday blues and knew a great room would make it even more special.
The front desk greeter was so welcoming! Of course the room she chose for me was fabulous. However I was OVERWHELMED when I found a basket, signed card, basket of goodies, and Birthday balloons! And every team member wished me a Happy Birthday. How incredibly thoughtful and beyond anything I was asking or expecting!
At times a frequent traveler easily feels like a “number” and lonely. Staff members remembering your name, award points, or someone recognizing your loyalty is nice. But to have not just one individual but a team think about me, and put something together to make my day is a LOUD statement. In my 15 years of traveling I have never felt so welcomed, noticed, and special by anyone in the travel industry. The property is beautiful and all team members exuded pride in where they work and showed great care for my experience! Treat yourself!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!