“Nice Hotel and conveniently located. No chance on early check up though.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Monterrey, Mexico
“Nice Hotel and conveniently located. No chance on early check up though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stay at the Marriot Waterway because of the location. I was attending a RUSH concert at the Cinthya Woods Pavillion and there is no hotel as near the venue as the Marriot.
They even have a Skybridge at the third floor that connect to the venue parking lot, so if you flight there and do not have a car - like me- that's the place to stay.
Having say that, the Hotel is huge, and really nice, but I arrived really early - 10:30 AM- and I was told no rooms were available.
Becasue the location, I walk a couple of blocks to teh Woodlands Mall and return 90 minutes later- noon-, still no room. So again out I went and hit the theater nearby.
Finally when I get back at 4PM, my room was ready.
Nice clean room on the 5th floor with a nice soft bed- for those hard- as a rock - bed lovers, this will not do it!-
I would say the cost of the room is really expensive, but since I was willing to pay it because the location, it works for me.
I've been to another ok hotels near the Woodlands area, so if you are mobile and don't want to spend much, there are definetly cheaper options around the Woodlands area.

One thing that bother me is that the hotel has a 4:00 PM check in policy which is at least 1 hour later that average hotels.

Would I recommended? YES, but only for people willing to pay the extra buck , like soft beds, and don't mind to have a 4:00 PM check in.

As far as location goes??? - It's unbeatable!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Alexandria VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I was in huge suite - dining room, living room, great master bath with wonderful tub, and a second "guest bath." Wonderful room and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Stayed here two times and both have been great. All the things you would expect out of a Marriott are here. Location can't be beat with the shopping and dining. The Waterway area is awesome. Baker Street and Goose's Acre bars are both within a 5 minute walk. Also they have self-parking next to the hotel which I think is great. Only knock would be their "Starbucks" located in the lobby. For a hotel this size they need at least three people taking orders. Last time I went I waited 20 mins in line b/c there was one person working. Not good. Other than that the hotel is great all around!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

It’s awful to be alone and on the road on your birthday. When I received an email greeting for an upcoming stay, I replied hinting that I wanted the best room available to fill the void of my lonely birthday. I chose the property to help fill my birthday blues and knew a great room would make it even more special.
The front desk greeter was so welcoming! Of course the room she chose for me was fabulous. However I was OVERWHELMED when I found a basket, signed card, basket of goodies, and Birthday balloons! And every team member wished me a Happy Birthday. How incredibly thoughtful and beyond anything I was asking or expecting!
At times a frequent traveler easily feels like a “number” and lonely. Staff members remembering your name, award points, or someone recognizing your loyalty is nice. But to have not just one individual but a team think about me, and put something together to make my day is a LOUD statement. In my 15 years of traveling I have never felt so welcomed, noticed, and special by anyone in the travel industry. The property is beautiful and all team members exuded pride in where they work and showed great care for my experience! Treat yourself!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

For the past 3 years, my family and I have stayed at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott for the 4th of July to view the Woodlands Annual 4th of July Fireworks Display.
We have not been disappointed yet. We have enjoyed every stay and look forward to coming back next year.
The hotel is located next to the Woodlands Waterway. The waterway is well maintained and nice to enjoy a walk during the evening.
Nearby is a movie theater, mall, shops, and very good restaurants. So there is something or someplace for everyone, especially for teenagers who can go the movies or the mall.
The rooms though not large are adequate. The beds are very comfortable and no problems falling asleep.
Small pool though but no complaints from my little one who loved the pool.
The staff was courteous and friendly.
The Spa on the Waterway is located in the hotel and we have enjoyed the services several times during our stays.
Overall we have enjoyed our stays at the hotel. For us, it is a great place to stay for a quick mini vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I recently stayed at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott for a convention. We had trouble at check in because my colleague had booked the room under her credit card but her husband's rewards points. They would not allow us to check in until her husband arrived (he wasn't going to be there) or he called the reservation line and gave them the okay to let us check in. The receptionist who explained this to us was not pleasant at all. Even though my colleague had her card with her and it was in her name, we waited over an hour for her husband to complete the call with the reservation department. They told him that he could check in but when we went to the desk, they said the info had not been changed in the computer. Luckily, we were dealing with another receptionist this time and she had some common sense and allowed us to check in. She also allowed us to split the cost of the room without any hassle. With the exception of the first check in receptionist, all employees we encountered during the entire stay were very polite and helpful.

We paid a discounted convention rate of $150 a night. That's the most I've ever paid for a room so I expected the room to be spectacular, much better than the Gaylord Grapevine where I stayed a few years ago. The room was nice, but other than the bed, the room wasn't anything special. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on.

The area outside the back of the hotel is beautiful. I jogged every morning along the pathway that runs behind the hotel. The parking fee was outrageous so we used the free lot. We had to walk farther to get there, but at least we didn't have to pay way too much every day. The free Internet was only available in the common areas, not the room.

I'm sure the price has a lot to do with the hotel's central location to all the stores and places to eat. You can walk across the street and down one block and you are at the mall. If you go to The Woodlands to shop and eat and are okay with paying over $200 a night, then this is where you want to stay. However, there are several hotels a mile or two away that are much less expensive. Several colleagues stayed at these other hotels and said they were fine.

One note about the convention which was held at the hotel: We had two luncheons during our convention. The wait staff was wonderful and the food on both days was the most delicious food I've ever had at a convention. It was chicken on Friday, but it wasn't your typical too-dry convention chicken. On Saturday, it was NY Strip. That's the first time I've ever had beef at a convention and it was wonderful. So if you have a convention there, definitely attend. If you are going to The Woodlands for another reason other than shopping, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Stayed at the Marriott for a seminar I was attending. The hotel itself was nicely furnished. Cleanliness was not a problem. But for goodness sakes, you're in Texas -- AND IT IS HOT!! My room stayed warm the entire stay. I was absolutely miserable trying to sleep. And other attendees had the same gripe. For as much as they charge per night, you'd think the AC would work!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!