Save Saved
You added Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Texas
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stayed at the location for a concert on August 22. I have absolutely no complaints. We stayed in an executive level room. The room was large and clean. Parking at the location was easy. Check-in and check-out were fast. Every staff member we encountered was courteous. Maid service (we asked for more towels around midnight) was fast.The location is great for the concert venue, an easy walk from our room. I tried to find something to complain about but couldn't. My family and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Great Yarmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of time now. The staff are very welcoming and will do anything to make your stay more comfortable. I have only ever had room service and the quality of the food has always been very good. Another nice touch is that a member of staff will call you 45-60 minutes after you have received your meal to check everything was to your liking. The proximity to the woodlands bars and restaurants is obviously a big plus!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We went here for our anniversary / one republic concert, I booked a room by mistake for Saturday and we got there Friday afternoon. Entering the lobby we were greeted by a very friendly lady who ask about our last name and escorted us to the front desk. Johanna was fantastic and very helpful, she adjusted our reservation to that night and gave us plenty of helpful information about the hotel. She wished us a happy anniversary as well :)). We travel a lot internationally and we pay a lot of attention to these details, the staff here is highly trained and extremely helpful (Chris from Valet). The same night we went to the concert and it took us about 10 minutes to get there using the Sky bridge that Johanna informed us about. Go for a morning walk or run along the river, it's beautiful. We found our home in the woodlands whenever we go for future concerts.
Keep up the great job.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel is only worth consideration due to its proximity to the Woodlands Pavilion. I would expect a 200+ dollar a night hotel to NOT have black stains on the duvet, eye makeup stains (I hope, better than mold?) on the shower curtain, and filthy grout. If you are insistent on staying somewhere on The Waterway, this is your only choice. If you want to save $100 + and don't mind the extra block or two of walking to the Pavilion, try the hotels on Lake Woodlands drive instead.

Also, given the fact that this hotel is used often for people attending concerts at the Pavilion, I think the end time of ELEVEN PM for a room service on a weekend night is a little stodgy and a missed opportunity.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Colleen T, Hotel Executive Administrative Assistant at Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Stefanie ~

Please accept my sincere apology for frustration you experienced during your recent visit to our hotel.

We were surprised to read your comments about Housekeeping, as we get rave reviews most times. We have discussed and documented your comments with our Housekeeping Director and staff. Regarding Room Service, unfortunately, like many hotels, we do close our Room Service at 11:00 p.m. however, on Concert nights we offer hot pizzas and sandwiches in the Lobby.

We do value your feedback, this helps us know where our customers concerns are, and we will make adjustments where needed from that. We also value your patronage and hope that you will give us another chance to show you the type of professionalism and service we have become known for as the Premier Hotel in north Houston.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I was excited to stay in this Marriott location but turned out a bit disappointed in their customer service. We decided to stay on our Marriott points my husband and I had saved up as we both travel frequently. We had two rooms booked for one night. When I arrived to check in I was told I could use all the points and wood be charged around $200 for the night for one of the room. What was I going to do, tell them know at 10pm at night?? After checking out the next day we had been informed the the hotel personal had a "glitch" in the system and booked my points for one of the room under two nights. I called and complained but couldn't get a refund. It was very annoying considering we had the points to cover both rooms. I thinks it's the hotels job to make sure things are working properly in the computer.
The room was very nice, bed comfortable and clean. Just wish staff at check in would have been more helpful.

Stayed August 2014
Colleen T, Hotel Executive Administrative Assistant at Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Allison:

Please accept my sincere apology for your displeasure during your recent visit here. The goal of our hotel is to provide a totally enjoyable experience for all of our guests.

I see by your comments that you were advised you could use Marriott Rewards Points toward your stay, and was advised differently upon check out. I wish you would have provided more information, as I would like to follow up on this, but need your name to review our logs and determine who helped you. We want you to return as a happy customer, and in order to provide what you need, your further clarification would help.

Allison – please call Zachary Hill, our Front Desk Supervisor, at 281/367-9797, and he will be happy to talk to you about this. If you have any other needs, please keep my contact information and I will be here to assist.

Kindest regards ~
Houston Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I took my best friend to a Mommy getaway for her birthday which included a concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion. Being smart, I booked this hotel due to the fact that they have a skybridge connecting their hotel to this venue, so we could merely walk on over to the concert. The hotel exceeded my expectations! The young teenage bellboys were perfectly mannered and very helpful. Tehy honored all of our minute requests- room near elevator, extra towels, etc. Our room had a perfect view of the waterway...very San Antonio Riverwalk-ish!! The beds were oh so comfortable and the shower head made you feel like you were standing in a waterfall. Ling Ling in the Lobby guided us to the best and closest restaurants....PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory all within walking distance. The day we checked out we shopped at the Woodlands Mall before departing, another within walking distance feature. Trip could not have been any better! Wish it was longer! Looking for another concert to buy tickets to for an excuse to go back!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed overnight after going to a concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell pavilion. Hotel is very easy walking distance ( 10 minutes) from the concert venue. Parked car at hotel ( was less than $7 after hotel discounted parking) and did not need car at all until we checked out the following morning. Hotel situated walking distance from many bars and restaurants, yet very peaceful and quiet at hotel grounds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!