“Great place for a business meeting with excellent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Marriott.com Booking.com
Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Palo Alto, California
“Great place for a business meeting with excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

For our quarterly sales meeting I chose this Marriott property. It was very short notice (2 weeks in advance) and they were able to accommodate us and exceed expectations. The reason I gave it 4 stars was because it is not in the same class as the Oberoi Amarvilas in Agra or The Fairmont in DC, both of which I visited recently. It is a very nice Marriott.

The food for the meeting was excellent - nice continental breakfast spread, a Texas Barbecue lunch day 1 and sandwiches day 2, a mix your own trail mix snack for afternoon break. Catering managers ket popping in to make sure all was well. The Red Coat staff was excellent. Catering staff guarded our spread from passersby (this sounds trivial, but does not happen everywhere and can be a problem).

The meeting room had windows!!! It is in within easy walking distance of nightlife, restaurants and shopping. The main complaint is no shuttle from IAH airport.

The food in the lobby restaurant was not as good as the meeting food, which was the only disappointing part of my stay.

I highly recommend this hotel for corporate meetings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed at this property three times in the past 6 months while on business and this is my first review. On this two night stay, I requested an early check-in after taking a Red Eye to shower and prepare for a business meeting. Upon arrival, I told the Valet I would need my car within 30 minutes and he kept it close to the front door. My check-in time at the front desk from start to finish was under 5 minutes, with my room ready and already equipped with the extra towels and refrigerator i always request. The room was clean, furnishings were well maintained, did not show wear and the bed was very comfortable. This hotel is situated within a very safe complex within the Woodlands and provides multiple options for dining, a multiplex theater and both a shopping mall and shopping area. Starbucks for my fellow addicted coffee drinkers is a 5 minute walk within the shopping area or a 2 minute drive from the hotel. The hotel is in the process or rebuilding their signature dining area in the lobby, and I was told it would be "unique" when complete. The Concierge Lounge and staff at this property were excellent. The food served, both for breakfast and during the evenings, were prepared well. The only downside is the commute to downtown Houston for meetings. Morning traffic can be a pain, even if you use the North South Tollroad or the new Toll HOV lane. However, if you are going to the area around the airport or off the 8 Tollroad, no problems here!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tomball, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times when attending concets at the Cynthia Wood Mitchell Pavilion. It's conveniently located within walking distance of the pavilion and multiple dining options. The customer service has always been good and the hotel does focus on keeping it quiet and comfortable for all guests whether attending concerts or not. My only complaint is the price. It is a bit expensive but you have to weigh the value of the convenience. I would definitely recommend for anyone that is attending a concert, want to stay close and get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hospitality of staff was excellent. The bell hop Jonathan was fabulous. The SPA staff was friendly and helpful and pleasant. The food was excellent. The room view was amazing. The valet staff was friendly and prompt. The location was simple to get to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here July 19 for a concert at the adjacent pavilion. The hotel is lovely,the staff is the friendliest of any Marriott I've stayed in. They could not provide king beds to any of the three rooms my party booked, but that was no big deal. While the service was great, and the beds comfy - all three rooms were in serious of need of a good dusting. It was quite obvious the cleaning regiment is to change the sheets and wipe down the bathroom only. Everything from the phone to the table to the guest services book were covered in a layer of dust. In addition, our coffee maker was dirty with coffee from a previous guest dried on to the machine. These sound nitpicking I know, but it is a fair review. The hotel was quiet as security ensured the rowdy folks stayed in the lobby to socialize. Check out was quick and the valet team most professional. Will stay again but may have to bring my Swiffer duster with me.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived after a long drive in from Houston on a Friday night for the John Mayer concert. Valet was very pleasant and offered to take all our luggage out of the car and even the baby. They helped rack our luggage on the cart and since we were already late for the concert, they offered to drive us to the Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavillion! All the staff and greeters were very friendly. I know that's there job, but it was still refreshing. As far as amenities they're very nice. The pool needs more loungers and patio chairs but it may not even be big enough to accommodate. People don't really go on vacations to workout, but the Marriott didn't scimp on their gym and that's good! The rooms are clean and a good size. They even have quiet toilets and heavy doors. This matters to me because I'm a light sleeper and don't like to be woken up. My wife used her dryer and it didn't bother me because it wasn't that loud. I would come back to the Marriott for all the shopping, food and running trails that are so close by.

• Stayed July 2013
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I work at Travelocity and I had booked my hotel on a discount that I am eligible for after giving multiple exams for Marriott and Hilton hotels. Inspite of booking the hotel on a discount - the manager asked me for my certificate. I has confirmed prior to arrival that will I require it and they said no. I was charged full price during check out and now the lady Katie who assumed me that if I mail them the certificate they will give me a refund in 14 days. Its been over 1.5 months and they are the more incompetent and unreliable bunch of staff I have ever met. I have NEVER in my life had this issue with a 5 star hotel. I will encourage you to never pay full price during check out.
Kate left on vacation for 3 weeks and did not care to inform anyone about this situation. And no one bothered to call me back after she was back and finally after getting in touch with her - she assured to call me back yesterday (monday - 7/15/2013) and incompetent that she is, she does not care to respond to messages.

Super disappointed and never staying in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!