“Very enjoyable hotel stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Very enjoyable hotel stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Marriott hotel was a good choice, the room was clean and well appointed, the staff were all friendly and helpful. The Woodlands area around the hotel is beautiful, safe, clean and extremely well maintained. There are tons of choices of restaurants, bars, shopping and scenic areas to walk. All in, a very nice relaxing place to stay. It would have been good to have a safe in our room. Seemed odd that there wasn't one. Your best bets for dining are restaurants around the hotel, the food selection is unlimited. The fitness facility is small but is well equipped.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for our 6th anniversary. Check in was fast and the room was clean. The hotel is located in the middle of all the shopping and restaurants. Overall, the hotel stay was ok but I think a couple things that they got wrong, could have changed their score from 3 to a 5. The first thing was housekeeping did not clean our room when we were gone for four hours on Saturday. We had to call the front desk twice to get housekeeping up to our room. Secondly, they don't have wifi in the rooms. You have to go down to the lobby to get wifi. The last gripe is parking. There is no free parking ar ound the hotel. Not really a big issue but it does become annoying. Overall, it was not a bad experience. But I think we will be visiting the Market Street Hyatt on our next visit to The Woodlands.

• Stayed May 2012
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and had a very nice time. The location is perfect, walking distance to many stores and restaurants. The rooms were a good size and comfortable. One complaint is that our room didn't have a safe box, which is unheard of these days. I only ate at one restaurant on site, the Italian one, toscana I think. It was just ok.
Another problem was the concierge. I called him to ask what restaurants would be open for dinner on a Saturday night. He suggested the bar down the street and ihop!!!! I did research on my own and found at least 5 restaurants available very close to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife and I loved the vibe at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Everything was pristine! The rooms totally modern... I've passed thru the Woodlands(the city) on the way to Houston or Galveston on the coast a bunch of times but never stopped. The location is perfect for a weekend getaway from Dallas and the hotels location is near all the action of their downtown, called "Town Center". That's a whole happening scene, but back to the hotel. My wife enjoyed the staff(Very helpful) and the restaurants ranged from romantic and upscale(Tuscany) to fun and happening(Aqua). We dined in both spots and both had their own vibe for sure. We had a room with, an uber comfortable king size bed, fab view and a late checkout! Free Wifi in the lobby. We had a great experience, including the best Sunday morning breakfast buffet at ever at Tuscany. I can still taste the fresh, super thinly sliced salmon, yumm! The staff gave us directions to various spots and 2 minutes away we discovered the downtown night life and high end shopping experience. I'd highly recommend the Woodlands for a weekend, "Mommy/Daddy Time" getaway and the Woodlands Waterway Marriott as the home base for that getaway, as well as a great place to host a conference!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Genoa, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I wisited the Woodlands Waterway during a business trip.
Reception tidy and personnel cordial and efficient
Rooms ok, but I confirm the recommendation of other travellers: low floor on the parking side can be noisy, as windows are not sound proff and during night time there were (each night, 4 sharp..) some heavy trucks (garbage collection?) causing significant noise and waking me up, despite the 9th floor, My sleep s not too light, so the issue is real.
So, ask for high floor rooms and on the waterway front, not mid-way like it happened to me...

A part from this element, certainly out of control of the Hotel Management, the rest of the hotel was confortable.
Another element that I consider a bit weird for an hotel of this level and price is the lack of a room safe, quite anoying when one needs to store passport, pc etc.
Also the breakfast not included in the fare is not ideal for business travellers.

I Did not have a chance to see the gym area, but this is somethign I'll for sure do the next time, as for sure I'll go back if around, despite the weaknesses above, as the hotel is still among the best in the area.

Room Tip: Gio for high floor and full waterway front.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Spring, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights for a couples retreat weekend in the hotel. The room was nice, lots of pillows and clean. Check in was quick but we didn't get the king bed we reserved on the top floor, but were put in one on the 6th over looking the parking garage. There was no shampoo in the bathroom and none was ever left during cleaning, I asked for some from the maids cart. We had a late dinner at the Tuscany restaurant in the hotel and were told they were out of soup and potatoes. The waiter told us he had been there alone all night and it was swamped. The food was good but pricey. We ordered breakfast to be delivered between 7-7:15 (guaranteed on time or free) but it didn't come. When we called about it they said they had a lot of orders for that same time (yes, it's a convention and we all had to arrive at the same time). At 7:40 It was ok but a little cold. That night the air went out in the room so we woke up sweating. When we checked out, they offered to pay for the valet and breakfast, but only took the breakfast off the bill. We left our swim suits in a bag in the closet and when I went back to get them, someone had taken my husbands suit. It wasn't worth the fight or getting someone fired over, but I didn't appreciate it being stolen.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the river way. There are lots of restraunts within walking distance, eat aw...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel. The location is excellent with lots of very nice bars and shops close by. Not too much else to say other than I did think it was expensive for what it was. I will try to find a better deal on my next visit to The Woodlands area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!