“Great hotel, great hotel, great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Alberta
“Great hotel, great hotel, great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I flew in from Alberta, Canada and attended a wedding at this hotel, which was a wonderful/beautiful experience. The hotel staff were incredibly helpful and service was first rate. Room was spacious, well appointed and my bed was extremely comfortable. Loved the hotel location, being able to walk beside a canal, that was at the back of the hotel. Boarded a glass boat behind the hotel, which took my friends and I to shops and restaurants, passing stone statues/art work along route. Loved the fact that I could sit in a patio at the rear of the hotel, by the canal and eat a healthy breakfast. Lovely view of the surrounding area from the outdoor swimming pool area. Area felt safe, even at night. Beautifully lit fountains, within walking distance of the hotel, that danced to music. Nice little bar quite close to the hotel, where we were able to sit outside and have a drink, by the canal. Loved to walk in the area. Would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Any room in the hotel would be quiet.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Ipswich,ma.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Just returned from The Woodlands,Tx for the Ironman. This Hotel went out of their way for us and made the event much more enjoyable. They gave us rooms next to each other which saved us from going from floor to floor. We had concierge access and would like to compliment Violet the afternoon/evening attendant for her exceptional service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed at this property a few times before. For Mariott fans it is above their usual standard, but mostly because it is still a fairly new hotel with lots of new development around it. The rooms are average to good , although I find the beds quite soft and uncomfortable. The room was quiet and had a decent range of tv channels and a functioning bathroom. However, and this was quite appalling, the floor was littered with debris from the previous guests. I took photos of M&Ms, chunks of bread, a coat hanger, and various detritus from a shopping trip (plastic tags and so in). Now, it's one thing to discover this day one. However, I stayed FOUR nights and when I left the crap was still in the same place. Yep, bed made everyday, towels replaced, but not once did somebody think that food and plastic on the floor was a problem. You might asks I didn't complain. Well, I was on a conference and only slept there, so it was my own little experiment. A colleague in another room had wet, used towels behind his door for 2 days before he moved them to the tub and they finally disappeared.

This is also one of the least green hotels I've stayed in lately. AC was set on 60 when I walked. They replaced towels I didn't want replaced. They took shampoo that was only 10% used. They servesd bottled ater with no recycling bins.

All in all very disappointing for such a flagship property.

• Stayed May 2011
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times since it opened in 2002 as it used to be a favorite hotel of mine. My most recent few stays have been mediocre, and most recently plain awful.

Beware to those visiting in May - one the weekend I was there, the hotel had two proms on the Friday night and FOUR on the Saturday night. Plenty of drunk 18-year olds make the hotel an awful place to be (assuming that's not your scene).

Some of the lowlights of my most recent stay:
- no housekeeping service until after 5PM for two of our rooms; the third was done at 11PM only after multiple phone calls and a desperate visit to the front desk
- lack of attention to detail: one of the rooms when we first walked in had cereal spilled all over the floor by the window
- missing toiletries (standard stuff like conditioner)
- huge line-ups, traffic jams and in general lots of waiting as the many conventions/parties/proms were going on
- most of the front desk staff are somewhere between indifferent to sultry - they were fantastic in the hotel's first few years (not the same staff - they are long gone)

It seems like the hotel has turned its focus to the large party groups rather than the regular Marriott guests - which is too bad. It's sad to say goodbye to this hotel; luckily there are 4-star alternatives nearby.

The Woodlands is still great though!

Room Tip: Water view preferable to not (mall view)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

This hotel's staff is greatly in need of retraining..I like another of your former customers had the privilage of being assualted in a way by your parking garage attendee..and security..who called the police..I was there for a ROTC function for a family member, I do not live in the area and had never been to the hotel..but being treated the way I was I will not ever go back to your hotel. First, I was told to park in your garage, second never told that I had to PAY for it!..then had food given to me that had an ingredient (raisin) that I am allergic to. Then when I left, and informed the very rude at the least young lady..that I did not have money and was not told I had to pay for parking when in fact the hotel staff told me where to park..!! Well, she was not going to have some 53 years old grandmother tell her that so she calls the police, and then here comes security! All I asked her to do was call the hotel manager to clear this up..in the mean time cars are lined up behind me and so the young lady lets them out on the other side by holding the gate up for them...I signed a promisary note..which the security guard did not know they had..some communicate classes would do your staff wonders..and also throw in some manner and common sense classes! My husband is in Afghanistan and when he comes home and we go on our little get away I will (honestly) not stay at your hotel I would rather stay at the homeless shelter where at least they are polite and not inconsiderate!!! Oh, by the way take me to court I would love to have you explain in the papers how you tried to kill a guest..and then charge her for parking !!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Nice enough, above-average workout facility, convenient location but very expensive. There are better values in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

This hotel is great! I was greeted by name everywhere I went. The Hotel concierge, Cheryl was amazing! She really helped us have a great anniversary! I see reviews saying the hotel was pricey but if you get a package its well worth it! We got the spa package, Couples Massage, late check out and breakfast all included! The spa was great and super friendly the breakfast buffet was great and we had a room on the 14th floor overlooking the water way! This was a great anniversary stay and we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!