“Has become a 2nd home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Has become a 2nd home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am on a long term work assignment requiring me to stay every other week at this hotel. It consistently makes me feel at home. The staff are great ESPECIALLY Stephanie. She knows what I need before I ask. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I open my windows at night but be sure to ask for a high floor and one that faces the trees before you do this. I have a favorite room and they try to accommodate me when they can. The food is great at breakfast. The ladies working the buffet make sure they keep it stocked. I admit dinner is not always appealing to me but our group usually has dinner plans anyway. The location is perfect if you have business in The Woodlands. It is safe enough to walk for miles on the local trails. Almost like home!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but I try to avoid facing the parking lot when I can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I would avoid this property. We have stayed there several times, but housekeeping has basically gone downhill. We found food stuck on the chair that was not cleaned over the two days. I will try and post a picture of the French fries stuck between the mattress making me think the sheets were not clean when we arrived. A hair was on the sheets when we checked in. The bed skirt was torn in the master bedroom. The hair dryer did not work. Even though I tipped the maid, the maid left the blanket laying on the floor and trash can out in the bathroom. We paid over $240 a night. I complained when we checked out and management did not email or call. We moved to the Hyatt for our last two nights. Well worth the extra money. it was a MUCH better property (clean and excellent customer service). I will never stay here again and we are Marriott gold members who stay in hotels more than 50 days a year.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sherman, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Loved the room, the breakfast, and the dinner. However, I was overcharged by $108, and the hotel would not refund the over payment. If you stay here, watch your Credit Card bill very closely. I will not stay there again. I hope they enjoy the $108.68 overpayment!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice room, clean, close to everything and the price was good! Free breakfast was pretty good. Friendly staff and plenty of parking. We stayed here instead of the woodlands resort and took a cab there and back. Great time!!

• Stayed July 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I only stayed here for one night to attend a concert, but it was perfect for our needs. A friend and I had a 2-bedroom suite and it was very spacious! The staff was friendly and the location terrific.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a lovely time this past weekend. Me and my family (including 10 kids) spent the 4th of July weekend living it up at this nice property. We were on Stay-cation and had a relaxing getaway. We went to the pool, spent time on the tennis court, played a little basketball and did some shopping. Everything was right there, Taco Bell and Ross were within walking distance. The front desk staff was amazing and the night's stay included a well appointed breakfast buffet. Family food and fun, this place was a great bargain for the money and offered a lot of value. Things were clean and in great shape. I plan to return.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room on the first floor so as not to disturb the other guests. Also pro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Temple Terrace, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was rudely awakened in my room 5/21/2013 1:50AM by the smoke detectors going off. Night clerk came down and tried to knock it off the ceiling to "replace the battery." Had to move rooms with no help with my bags. Asked to speak with manager. Didn't receive call from manager. Had to ask twice and finally spoke with manager who promised me Marriott points to cover my 3-night stay to post to my account in 2-3 days. Today is 7/8/2013 and that promise has not been fulfilled. Escalated all the way to the CEO desk at Marriott and the answer was NO. I am abandoning Marriott and taking my loyalty elsewhere after over 15 years due to lack of service unless resolved. Contested charge and filed BBB complaint.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands II? Share your experiences!