“Fabulous property wonderful staff Thank you Richard” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Texas
“Fabulous property wonderful staff Thank you Richard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Celebrating our mothers 80th birthday Richard (Asst. GM) made sure we had a wonderful two bedroom suite. The staff we very professional and was there to help you in everyway. The breakfast buffet was presented very well. The hotel was spotless it was so clean. Thank you for making this a special stay for us all. We stayed using our Marriott points and usually, even though you have spent the money to receive the points you are not treated very well by marriott staff. BUT this property proved that theory wrong THANK YOU

Room Tip: for this property just ask, they will do there best
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I'd planned a special weekend for my niece for her recent accomplishments, i.e. special birthday, superior grades, awards received, etc. When booking the reservation I just mentioned the purpose of the stay and the staff was apparently paying attention..... when we arrived my niece was blown away by all the goodies in the suite - not the least of which was a fresh fruit arrangement complete with balloons rising out of the refrigerator. She thought the chocolate covered strawberries were the coolest thing ever !!! Everywhere she looked there was another goody bag with games, candy, gum, puzzles, even a Residence Inn insulated mug (for her Aunt....)! It's this kind of attention to detail and customized customer service that will make me come back again and again.......and certainly refer my friends, family and business associates. GREAT JOB and THANKS for making what could have been just a fun weekend, a BLAST for my niece (and us as well !!!)....... signed...your biggest fan !!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Staying at the Residence Inn on Six Pines is always an enjoyable experience for me. I especially want to mention Marie the house keeper who gave me some extra goodies from the kitchen when I arrived too late to eat. The rooms are spotless and the staff were warm and friendly. It truly feels like a home away from home

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I chose this hotel for the location (heart of The Woodlands activity: walk to malls, restaurants, Cynthia Woods Pavilion, etc.) and its amenities (full breakfast, indoor pool, wireless internet, etc.) - but I stayed for the people! Larisa (manager) knows how to select people and bring them along - some of the sharpest young men and women that I have ever met - and they treat me like I am family! I've watched at least three of her hand-picked employees "grow up" into managing hotels of their own. Sad to see them go, but thrilled to see them recognized!
Great value, especially for this location - but it is the employees that make it extra special.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Every time we visit The Woodlands we stay at the Residence Inn II. We absolutely love it. It is a wonderful hotel, from the rooms to the swimming pool. Everything is absolutely beautiful & clean. Anytime my family has a request, they are ready & willing to take care of it for us. From the housekeeping staff to the general manager, they are the most pleasant and professional group. We absolutely love it. And we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stay at hotels more than 200 nights a year and The Residence Inn Market Street The Woodlands TX is my favorite home away from home. From the generous woman who serves breakfast and evening snacks to the nighttime front desk crew who are always cheerful no matter what the bleary-eyed emergency, the staff here are some of the most helpful and professional I have encountered. The location of this hotel is superb for shopping and excellent dining experiences. While the hotel has an exercise room I especially enjoy the morning runs along The Woodlands Waterway. When there are concerts at the Pavilion (like Sting or Dave Matthews Band) it is possible to score some free tunes by merely walking down the street.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I must start off with the positive. We stayed there for three days while moving from one house to the other in the Woodlands. My wife left our jewelry box in the room's closet when we checked out and Mercedes (a member of the housekeeping staff) immediately returned it to front desk intact. Needless to say, we were relieved and thrilled that there are still honest, hard-working people in the world.

However, when my wife went to the hotel to retrieve said box she had to wait over an hour because there was no manager on staff (the one on duty at the time decided to call in to say she would be late). The other two managers had allegedly called in sick the same day. Surely there is something wrong with this picture.

The biggest reason why I cannot recommend this hotel is the noise from the A/C unit. It is, in a word, unbearable. It is located in a closet of the bedroom part of the suite and in addition to the typical compressor noise, there is a vibration/humming that drove us batty. When we mentioned it to management, they simply said, "Yes, some people have a problem with that." I am stunned that I did not see this mentioned in any other TripAdvisor reviews.

This is also a Cat 3 Marriott property (requiring 15,000 pts per night). The Towneplace Suites up the road in Shenandoah is only Cat 1 (requiring only 7500 pts) and gets rave reviews. Go figure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
ResidenceInn56764, Manager at Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands II, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
We really appreciate hearing feedback from our valued customers as their comments are vital to our continual improvement and success.
I would like to 1st acknowledge the compliment you gave to Mercedes. We are very lucky to have her on our team and I can assure you that is not the exception but the rule at The Woodlands Residence Inn.
It is not the standard practice of the hotel to have our guests feel dissatisfied with their stay so we are truly sorry that the air conditioner was not up to standards. I have contacted our air conditioning company and remedial measures have been taken.
We have also addressed the miscommunication issue with the appropriate team member as the information your wife received that morning was not correct in regards to the managements staff's absence.
We do our utmost everyday at the hotel to make sure that each one of our guests is made to feel special so we hope you will give us another chance.

Been to Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands II? Share your experiences!