“Beautiful Interior” 4 of 5 stars

1201 Lake Woodlands Dr, # 304, The Woodlands, TX
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 169 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful Interior”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I am not a big fan of Mexican food or Mexican restaurants but Mi Cocina is not your ordinary restaurant. For starters, the interior is beautiful and relaxing. The staff is very attentive and I like their uniforms. The restaurant is a bit noisy when crowded because the ceiling does not have any insulation or treatment to stop the echo effect. What I did like was the fresh tasting Mole sauce and well seasoned chicken. I also liked the choice of grilled vegetables and white light rice to avoid that over fill feeling refried beans causes. The salsa and chips were excellent and the frozen margarita was OK.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great Brisket Tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've only been here once. The reviews I read were mixed, so I was very pleasantly surprised. I had the brisket Tacos, which were exceptionally flavorful. The chips are thick and tasty. I'd like to go back for their happy hour

Visited May 2012
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“Fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We happened to go here on a Saturday evening when Happy Hour was still available. We decided to try the Happy Hour menu and was VERY pleased. My husband and I both had a cocktail. I had their signature, Mambo Taxi and on a hot Saturday afternoon it did the trick. We then enjoyed the queso (sp?) which was plenty for two along with their yummy hot sauce. We then had their glucamole as well as some beef tacos. Very fun type of place. Latin/Mexican music which makes you want to dance! We have been to their sister restaurant in Flower Mound many times and have enoyed it, but actually feel the layout of The Woodlands one is better. Oh yeah. . .did I mention we had all that food for $35, which included three drinks.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“good Food nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

wow !!! good authentic Mexican food !! welcome to the Woodlands.we have visit about 9 times,so far is GREAT !!

Visited May 2012
The Woodlands, Texas
“Nice clean and new restaurant, above average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family had lunch here today, 5/29. One of us had chicken fajitas which were only "ok" as fajitas go in Texas. I did like the beef brisket tacos and do recommend them...very much like barbacoa tacos without all the fat. Good, fast service. Will go back.

• Visited May 2012