“Business stay at La Quinta In” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodlands South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24868 I-45 North, The Woodlands, TX 77386   |
Ranked #13 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Hotel was clean and quiet! I would add ice water as a beverage option to the breakfast! We had a king suite. It was spacious and had a home like feel. We had never stayed in a LaQuinta prior to this. We plan on staying with LaQuinta through our relocation to michigan from Houston. We will stay at LaQuinta in the future. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

To me there are three types of La Quinta Hotels, the hacienda type, the fortress type, and the inherited type. This hotel is the latter, inherited in a purchase and it shows in the condition and construction.

On the plus side: My room was upgraded from a King to a King 2 room Suite. Parking was ample and there is an overflow lot shared with another hotel. Room was clean. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was available promptly at 6 am with good selection. Flat panel TV(s) with the availability to plug a DVD player into them (which I did). Full size refrigerator instead of the mini fridge.

On the negative side: Room had a pine sol like smell that was rather annoying. It faded by the second day as I did left the do not disturb sign on the door after my first night as I did not need the room cleaned. Be prepared to hear all the noise from your neighbors. TV's are mounted on the wall or on a stand next to the wall and your neighbors TV will echo in your room. The person next to me had a cough that I could clearly hear and woke me up at 4:30 am.

On the neutral side: Room and furniture is functional and while somewhat dated and can show signs of use was ok. My room had a kitchenette and there was a sign offering dishes at the front desk. I did not take advantage of this, however I can fully understand not keeping a fully stocked kitchen in a hotel. I would rate the staff as adequate. Only one of the four I met was friendly and seemed glad I was there, one was polite but shy, and the other two were indifferent. Three of them were dressed appropriate, and one was rather sloppy. None were rude, but there was not a "warm" feeling and my business was appreciated.

Wi-Fi was slow at times. This La Quinta uses a secure sign on which liked for you to reenter the log in and password several times an hour, or it would go a couple without prompting you. Sometimes it was fast, other times it seemed to simply go away. The most annoying part for me was I had to call the front desk to get the sign in information on Sunday as it was not provided at check in. Early Monday morning I could not sign in and when I again called the front desk I was told it changes every Sunday night and was furnished the new password, it would have been simpler to give me the two passwords when I checked in.

Bottom line is that I don't think I would stay at this hotel again. I did like the layout of the two room suite (although the bathroom door is a little awkward if you have more than one person). My first night I must not have had any neighbors as I did not notice any noise, however on my second night it was very apparent the room next to me was rented. They were not overly loud, but the noise level in my room was more than I would expect and I can only imagine if they had children or a dog what it would have been like. This is beyond the control of the staff and had the room been more quieter I would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a good room if you have a neighbor. I did like the two room suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hotel and rooms nice, clean, safe and quite. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good size room and comfortable bed. Breakfast and evening reception very good. I had no problems with my three night stay and would recommend this La Quinta Inn & Suites to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked here last week online and went for the big room a two room king suite. As an Elite member of their Returns Club I supposedly get preferential treatment over guests wanting just a room who are nonmembers. After an exhausting 6 hour drive, I checked in at 7:20 PM and was told afterwards I only had a Studio King. No, I said it was a two room King. Since the deadline had passed for cancellation, I went to the room and sure enough they gave me another smaller room and sold mine.They were sold out for the night. I was upset and called Returns. No resolution. An hour later, the Returns people said I got a reservation online and a computer glitch gave me the two room King by mistake. The front desk was called and the man up there said that was not true and that an employee went into my reservation during the week and accidentally changed it trying to give me an upgrade. What upgrade ? My room reservation was for was the largest room they had. Why would anyone change a reservation if you were not even at the hotel yet ?...a question Returns could not answer. The general manager only wanted to give me a few thousand points back. No way. Needless to say, after a written complaint and multiple calls to customer service for 3 days, they comped the room and returned all of my points to my account. Geez ! These people seriously need to fire staff changing reservations and making excuses for selling off your reserved room. To top it off, my original reservation is still on the website so they are not getting anywhere with the excuses.

Room Tip: Double check any reservation here especially on the day you are to arrive.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Costa Mesa, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The room was not good at all. We had tears in the carpet along with cigarette burn marks. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. In the bathroom there were cracks in the wall and the tub was separated from the flooring. The best thing about the room was that the out dated air conditioner was working and the flat screen tv in the room worked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Golden Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The location is good. The hotel is fine. Rooms are clean. The workout room is lacking good working equipment. Staying here for a full week on business. The big BUT is this morning the Fire alarms blare off at 6:30 am on Sun. morning... the only day I get to sleep in while I am here on business... really? Seriously?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodlands South? Share your experiences!