“Better than we imagined.” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodlands South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24868 I-45 North, The Woodlands, TX 77386   |
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Austin, Texas
“Better than we imagined.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice hotel at a great price! My wife and I spent 2 nights at this hotel in a spacious suite. The king-sized bed was comfortable and the water was hot - two things I need in a hotel! The bedroom was large and clean with a nice desk and chair. The bathroom was also large with a nice mirror and sink in a separate space from the toilet and bathtub. The kitchen/living area was also clean and it was nice to have some extra room. The complimentary breakfast had a lot of choices, including eggs and sausage and waffles. The hotel is convenient to I 45 and easy to find. My understanding is that this hotel is going to be renovated soon, I hope the rates won't be too high after that. I don't mind older furnishings, as long as the room is comfortable and clean.

The one issue I had was with the bathtub - the bottom of the tub was higher than the floor, so when I stepped out of the tub, the drop was more than I expected and I was off balance and almost fell.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent area for business trips, city events and vacations. Great parking available, restaurants very close, and easy access on and off interstate. I have stayed at LaQuinta in different states and have always had a good experience in area of cleanliness, prompt service calls, and good breakfast selections. Always courteous staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel I clean and has a great friendly staff. Close to the 45 with good access to food and other local businesses. Highly recommended. With a free happy hour for the guest on Monday through Wednesday has chips dip and a cold drink

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have always been able to trust La Quinta for a great nights sleep whenever I'm away from home. This hotel was everything thing I expected and then some. The hotel staff especially D' Angelo made the check in & check out process most efficient and they handled my concerns efficiently and effectively!
Thanks LaQuinta for consistently good service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. The room was spotless, the bed was big and comfortable and the restroom was very clean. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The only drawback was the parking. We got in late and were unable to park in the hotel parking lot; we had to park in a lot that between the two hotels. Would stay there again if we visit the Woodlands.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If I had it to do again, I wouldn't stay at this location. The hotel was over priced. Areas of the carpet were severely damaged and/or dirty. We looked at a few rooms before settling on the one we picked. Some of the rooms had a strong, musky odor.

Staff explained the high price by stating that the hotel was once a Hawthorne Inn and Suites. The rooms have small kitchenettes. However, NONE of the kitchenettes have plates, pan or silverware. Therefore, if you plan to use the kitchenette, bring your own utensils, pans, plates etc. I've stayed in plenty of kitchenette rooms. NEVER have I stayed in kitchenette hotel where you have to bring your own stuff like you are CAMPING!

The pillows looked clean but smelled like someone's greasy head. The bed was uncomfortable. The coffee pot was dirty. The fridge was dirty. The ceiling of my room was cracked, splitting, and hanging down along the drywall seam. The shower curtain was mildewed. There was mold in the tub area. Again, back to the price. This is what I would expect at a hotel under $69.00 per night. On many occasions, I've slept at $69.00 per night hotels that were BETTER than this. I've stayed at many other La Quinta locations under $69.00 that were better than this WITH a DECENT breakfast too.

Before checking in, I mentioned to the manager that we chose this specific La Quinta location because the breakfast listed on the website looked better than the basic breakfast you get at other hotels. She didn't really comment but I saw fear and hesitation in her face and began wondering why. The breakfast wasn't anything special. They have generic coffee. Generic Splenda. The "omelet" which was a nuked egg patty that was likely from Sam's Club was still frozen when I tried to eat it. To call it an omelet, the kitchen worker placed a teaspoon of refried beans in the center of it. The kitchen worker was wonderful and nice but don't ask her anything unless you speak Spanish because she speaks ZERO English. The "fresh" fruit was old. Most of it should've been in the trash already. When an orange peeling begins to crinkle and dry out like what you would find in a bag of potpourri at Pier 1 Imports- it needs to go into the garbage. The apples and bananas looked just as bad.

There are other nice hotels in the area. I'd recommend staying at a different location for significantly less.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodlands South? Share your experiences!