“Good long term hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston, Texas
“Good long term hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I live in Russia, but come home 2-3 times a year to Texas to see my grandchildren. For the past three yrs I have stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites, The Woodlands South, each time. Each trip averages 6-8 weeks...I like this hotel , because they have a two room suite, with a king bed , pull out sofa, kitchenette and 2 tvs. If you pay per night the room I get is priced at 110. -130. per night if under 6 nights. When you are staying long term the rate drops down to 89.00 a night.

My grandson spends the night with me frequently , during school breaks , so the two tvs are pretty important.

There is a decent breakfast included .

The housekeepers are very honest as well, I cannot take all my valuables with me everytime I go out of the hotel, and have not had any problems with electronics or other valuables being messed with.

The only problem I have had is in the summer time, crickets come in , when people enter and exit the doors. Move to the 2nd floor if you hate crickets!

The staff are all super duper nice and very helpful.
There is a barbecue area, basketball/volleyball court, and a pool and hot tub. My grandkids love coming to swim with granny.
There is also a pretty good workout facility, and a laundryroom. Plus the fridges have ice makers!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here for a week on a business trip. Always welcomed to see a La Quinta! Comfortable hotel! Great for business trips! Lots of local food options around. Also not far from the Woodlands Mall!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

This hotel was, by far, my worst experience booking through Priceline in five years. It seems like they are trying to make extra money by charging for a specific room type - even though Five Star hotels have NO problem filling a room-type request. If the rooms are available, why wouldn't they put you in it? Because, they say, a Double is more expensive to clean.... Either way, a room is a room, and if a guest wants a double, they should get a double - no matter how they paid. This is the only hotel I have had an issues requsting a room type with out of my many many travels and hotel stays. They did NOT make it right, nor did they have anyone of a truly managerial status for me to talk to. Their "Guest Relations Department" isn't open on weekends. The "supervisor" i spoke with did not know who the company president or CEO is, and wanted to transfer me to yet another supervisor - forget about it. I will beg and bug Priceline to drop them, and I will post it everywhere I can find - La Quinta SUCKS.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

We went to the Texas Renaissance Festival, and it was recommended that we pick a hotel in the Woodlands. The hotel looks relatively new. The room was in good shape. The bathroom was large for a hotel room and clean. We got a suite, which came with a small kitchenette. We enjoyed having a fridge and microwave. There is also a coffeemaker, which we used to make fresh coffee. Also the free wireless internet was a bonus. The only downside to our visit was a bus load of high school kids who we could hear running up and down the stairs next to our room. Thankfully that didn't last too long. We weren't impressed with the continental breakfast, but since it was free we couldn't complain. They have a waffle station where you can make your own waffles. I mostly ate the scrambled eggs. One morning there was salsa, and another ketchup. The location of the hotel is convenient because it is relatively near a mall, grocery store, and restaurants. Finding the hotel is a little confusing because it sits away from the service road. But it's also good because that means less noise from the huge interstate.

In conclusion, I was very happy with the hotel and would stay here again.

• Liked — free wireless internet
  • Disliked — bus load of high school kids
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

Stayed here for one night. First room (actually a suite) we went to was fine -- except for a major ant invasion over the AC unit. We were moved to another unit downstairs right away, though, after we saw that. Second room was fine -- warm, because they weren't expecting to need it, but cooled off quickly. Only problem with this room is that it is right under the stairs and near the back door, and so was VERY NOISY late night and early morning with people coming and going.

Staff was fine, room otherwise was fine, everything no problem. Breakfast wasn't much to speak of but most aren't -- just your basic bagels and juice and stuff.

After a *horrible* stay in a Hampton Inn up the road, we elected to spend the extra $15 and stay here. Good choice. Would do it again. Too bad the hotels in this area are all a bit overpriced... oh well. After that experience, an "average" hotel, where everybody does their jobs well enough and nothing major is wrong, is a good good thing!

• Liked — Easy move to a new room when the first had a problem
  • Disliked — Ants in the first room; noise around exterior door and stairway
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2005

We stayed here for 3nights, 4days. By the time we left we were on a first name basis with most of the staff. They were great, and not the fake friendly types you might come across. I had a problem with my DSL connection, and it was fixed promptly. There were alot of Katrina victims there which really added to the feeling of home since this was their home. Every morning at breakfast we always new who we would see and talk to, and they always looked forward to eating with our children.
That brings me to my only complaint, the breakfast. It really left alot to be desired for.
Other than that every thing was great and we would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

Our toilet overflowed on a Saturday morning and when we called for maitenance we were told they don't have a maintenance man there on Saturdays?!? How crazy is that?!? They sent a lady up with a plunger and she handed to me to fix the toilet? I asked if that was my job and she got very angry and said, "No one told me it was my job!" - then in a huff she proceeded to unplug the toilet - but she was very rude and very mad about the whole thing. We decided to check out a day early and the desk clerk didn't even ask why - as they had been talking about it already - just very unprofessional. Management must be running too tight a ship and morale appears to be very low - there are so many other GOOD hotels in the Woodlands, shy bother with this one - I know we never will again.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodlands South? Share your experiences!