“Another good Marriott property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
St. Louis, MO
“Another good Marriott property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here 3 or 4 times over the last two years and have always had a pleasant stay. The stay is friendly and the check in and out process always goes smoothly. Breakfast is good - nothing amazing but it does the job. I've never had any noise problems and always gotten a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at a Fairfield Inn in Plano in the past. We were hoping this Fairfield would be the same but, we were disappointed. While waiting in the lobby I noticed it had not been vacuumed very well and there was a dead cricket. The front desk staff were not very pleasant. The pool was a little too cold. The bathroom in our room was not totally clean and the coffee maker was in the bathroom not too far from the toilet. The wallpaper was also peeling a little in the bathroom. The breakfast was not that great, it had boiled eggs in stead of scrambled. We will not be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Richard_Valles, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I'd like to thank you for your feedback. We value all of our guest's feedback as they are vital to our improvement and to evaluate what we can do to make everybody's stay a pleasant one. We understand your frustation and will take the necessary actions to resolve all the issues you encountered during your stay with us immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in the area.
Palo Alto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

hotel needs an upgrade - peeling paint in a few places, etc. disappointing for a marriott property. cleanliness is a problem too: hair in the bathroom on the floor. breakfast was ok, not as nice as courtyard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a nice clean hotel with a great location to the freeway and shopping. It was hard to find though. It's kind of hidden behind all the dang trees, hence The Woodlands. :) But I really enjoyed staying here and would definitely stay again. Comfortable bed and pillows. Love that there is an indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here 1 night with my 2 young boys. GREAT hotel! Front desk was exceptional. Hotel was very clean. Although I told my boys the indoor pool closed at 10PM it actually closed at 11PM which is great if you're not tired. There is a Wal-Mart in walking distance if you forget something. The hotel is several exits from the center of The Woodlands so it is not in the hub but not too far. I would definately stay here again - very pleased. Breakfast is also included.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We are in Houston visiting my wife's family and decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn. When we got here the front desk attendant said "I am sorry sir but we don't have your room type available" and I was immediately thinking "oh great.. here we go again" (lol) then he said "so we upgraded you to an executive suite!" Seeing that we are here for 3 nights I was very happy about this... We have a 3 year old so the suite is definitely being put to good use!

This hotel has security at night and is in a pretty nice part of town.. so no need to worry about your car getting broken into.. (That happened to me twice last year..) The only complaint I have had so far would be the fact that the indoor pool was freezing last night. The desk attendant said he would have it raised a few degrees before we return this evening tho. So that should take care of that!

I honestly think that I will be staying at some sort of Marriott hotel from now on.. when you pay money to stay somewhere it is nice for the people who work there to appreciate you.. and I definitely feel appreciated here!

Room Tip: The Executive Suites are very nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn& Suites in the Woodlands for 4 nights while visiting relatives. Nice accommodations, the complimentary breakfast was fine, and the location is very convenient to expressway access. Our bathroom could have been a little cleaner. Since we are Marriott Rewards members, we used points for the room. I have no complaints for free accommodations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple