“Wedding Party/Family Reunion Feel At Home at Homewood Suites!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #5 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Arkansas
“Wedding Party/Family Reunion Feel At Home at Homewood Suites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

The staff is amazing! They helped us with EVERYTHING and were SO accommodating. We all wanted to eat lunch together - and bringing food to the hotel breakfast lounge was the easiest way - the staff kindly helped up set up and use the area. Anything we needed all weekend long, they were there to help.
Rooms super comfy! We used every bed & pull-out couch in our 2-bedroom suite - and slept comfortably. Add extra blankets to the pull-out couch for a softer bed. Hot tub was awesome - even in December!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

My wife, kids (10 & 7), and I stayed at this hotel on December 21. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite that had 2 queen beds in one room and the couch in the den area also made into a bed. We found this hotel to be very clean and quiet. There were two televisions and a nice, full kitchen (which we did not use). The complimentary hot breakfast was very good and had quite a few options for both adults and children. It was located right off I-45 and close the mall. The staff was very nice and helpful with directions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

We had a confirmed reservation from Hilton (rechecked and printed the day before). But when we showed up at the hotel, they said that Hilton had canceled our reservation (actually the hotel had canceled the reservation). That they were sorry, but they sold our room to someone else. They claimed there was a credit card issue. I used the credit card with an "issue" to stay at the Residence Inn. This hotel will bump you if they are full, and leave you out in the cold. Also, please be aware that a confirmed reservation from Hilton is completely meaningless. I had multiple discussions with the property manager and Hilton "customer service", and they don't think this is an issue.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Alceb08, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
We’re very sorry this occurred. Your feedback will be taken into consideration and we’ll be reaching out to you directly to resolve this situation.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

this hotel has a good old style decoration, when you enter you just like it. We were for one night got there late after midnight and the check in was good and fast, the rooms were clean, and typical size of Homewood Suites Hotels, the bed were good and comfortable, with two good plasma TVs and channels. When you get to the bathroom is were you begin to see the cons of the hotel, for once the lotion (yes the little tiny bottles that they gave to you as compliments) was used, it was half of it, and even that this is something silly and just a simple mistake for me was a little surprising. Then the toilet pipes (I assume it was that) was making weird noises, it sound like a electric toothbrush on or something vibrating and other times like a lot of water just going down (we were in the first floor, maybe that's why) and the shower really need some renovation, although it was clean the part where the tub connect to the wall need some glue on it. The breakfast was not bad but it had the main stuff that any hotel has (scramble eggs, hash brown, sausage, fruits, yogurt, cereal, waffle, coffee, really bad apple juice (taste like water), and orange juice). The other great stuff that has is the business center (fast computer and good printer) and even that I didn't use the pool sure it look good. If I need to stayed again in this area I could stayed here again but if I have option I would try other just to see if it's better than this.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Could not praise the staff from the Homewood Suites enough. All were excellent, and certainly made you feel welcome. Extending my stay at the last minute, not a problem for them. The spacious well equipt suites are ideal, complete with tea/coffee maker, fridge and microwave facilities. IThe suites are in a central location for shops/restaurants and cinema's, but located in a quiet area. Breakfast is very good. The option of on site laundry, gym outside swiming pool area and internet facilities are a plus.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Maryville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I stayed at the Homewood Suites for 4 weeks recently and enjoyed the comfort and convience of this hotel. The room was a standard 2 room suite and had a full kitchen area - nice. The breakfasts downstairs were good and always set up early (nice for me since was starting at 7am most days). Had only about 1000 places to chose from for supper, so didn't eat the manager's reception but a couple of times - it was okay.

The TVs were older, though I had two to choose from - bedroom and living room. Worked a lot of hours so didn't watch much TV. I didn't even know we had HBO until Week 3. The shower was totally great (always a big plus for me) and the bed was very nice and I slept very well there after long days at work. The A/C was really loud though and ran all the time at thermostat set at 74 deg (it was terribly weak), but really was okay because it blocked out any other noise in the hotel. Plus it was only Feb so Houston temps were only about 80 deg max by then (In July/Aug the A/C may not have been up to the task). Actually had to turn the A/C off so I could hear the nightly conference calls we had to attend - that was really a two part problem, needed quieter A/C and a better speaker phone! The wired internet in the room was super fast (100 mbps) and it didn't bother me at all that it wasn't wireless. The hotel had wireless downstairs and by the pool which I did take advantage of a couple of afternoons because the Feb temps were so nice!

The Woodlands area itself is a super nice part of Houston. We ate out almost every night for supper - I thought Landry's was great and so was Pappadeaux. Could have eaten my weight in Pappa's oysters on the 1/2 shell for amazing $4/doz! Cheesecake Factory - only so-so. Great sushi at this small place near the movie theater in the Woodlands (forgot the name - I looked on Google, couldn't find it).

The odd thing about this hotel was that every weekend some kind of huge youth athletic event was going on - swimming, dancing, soccer. Come Friday suddenly the hotel was host to dozens (scores?) of high school kids (and the noise). Overall it wasn't terrible bad, but just something odd. What is it about sports that makes parents want to drive 100s of miles to make their kids compete, usually every weekend? Go figure - at least it's good for the economy.

Overall a comfortable place to stay especially if you are going to be there awhile. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

We stayed here for ower family reunion and this is a great hotel with a business room with internet access and a printer which was good because I forgot my laptop. The kids loved the pool and the breakfast area was clean always. The only thing I didn't like was the eggs and hash browns but thats typical for me at a lot of hotels. You can cook your own waffals which was good to me. No problems with check in or out. Rooms were nice and comfortable, especially the bed, I slept like a baby.

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — eggs and hash browns were not cooked all the way
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands? Share your experiences!