“Did not meet Homewoods expectations” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Madrid, Spain
“Did not meet Homewoods expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I guess perception of hotels are based on expectations and the Homewoods at The Woodlands did not meet ours. We have stayed and two other Homewood properties in Texas (Frisco and Houston) and this one did not have anything to do with those two.

They are renovating/updating the rooms so I guess all depends on what room you get. Everything seemed to be broken in our room. In the positive side I have to say that management made an effort to change whatever it was that did not work in a timely manner.

Breakfast and dinners are just ok (we skipped breakfast and dinner after a couple of days). I guess this is a result of comparing with the two above mentioned properties were food was excellent.

Outside pool area is very nice.

If you stay for one or two days it might be ok but if you plan to stay longer...well, not for me.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel as the hotel is located next to I45
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a good place to stay overall. We were satisfied with what the duck had to offer us. Homewood never seems to disappoint. Use your AAA for savings. Hotel is convenient to Portofino and access to The Woodlands off Research is easy to get to. Considering the traffic and construction we were still able to get to our destinations quite quickly. I would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

From Check-in to Check-out everything was great about the Homewood Suites, Woodlands. Very Clean. Lobby was decorated with Fall decor which was very inviting when you walked in. Full hot breakfast included breakfast burritos and beans along with pancakes and Texas-shaped waffles. Full kitchen in the room was nice. We prepared coffee every morning which we drank out of ceramic mugs and I even boiled some tea bags and made iced tea for my husband in the pitcher provided in the refrigerator.

Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Everything was exemplary. I would recommennd this hotel to all my friends and associates. I haqve travelled the world and this hotel compares favorably to the best I have had the opportunity to stay at. I have frequented other Homewood Suite Hotels by Hilton, always with e same professional staff and courteous service.

Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed here because a family member's wedding was in the area and we live about 40 miles from this location. Wonderful little getaway for the weekend. Nice, spacious suite with comfortable furnishings.

Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while we were in town for a family wedding this past weekend. Actually most of our family stayed here as well. I was a bit disappointed in the musty smell in the room, but then again Houston is a very humid place, so it is understandable. The carpet felt wet at times, but it was 100% humidity while we were there.

The shower needed some fixing as the curtain rod seemed like it could fall down at any time.

But the shining point for this hotel is the staff. They were very accommodating and helpful. I would come back here just because of the staff.

Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. The rooms are well equipped with very comfy beds! Staff at the front desk most helpful. Breakfast was very nice and well supplied and looked after. Lots of parking. As another reviewer mentioned it can be a little tricky getting to the hotel as it is situated on a service road, but all in all, this is a very minor complaint. I would most definitely recommend this hotel and stay myself again .

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands? Share your experiences!