“Evening before Wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Katy, Texas, United States
“Evening before Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Overall, the room was excellent and we had a great time. One thing that was a bit bothersome was the lack of trash cans and space. And right outside of our room was the deck that led to the pool. People were outside of our windows all night until someone had to be called. Other than that, Homewood Suites is and will always be our choice of hotels to stay. We love their accommodations.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to have them book your room away from the deck and pool area due to the noise leve...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Padua, Veneto, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

On January 3, 2013, I have reserved one room at the Homewood Suites Hilton hotel in The Woodlands, Texas, using Booking.com and for the period 17-22 March, to attend a scientific conference. After my reservation other rooms were available. Several colleagues told me that in the area The Woodlands all the hotels were fully booked 4-5 weeks before the beginning of the conference (17 March 2013)
Saturday 16 March, the day before my departure for Houston, I have found an email from booking.com reporting the cancellation of my reservation because of overbooking. I have soon tried to call the Hilton chain, I have also the Hilton Honors card, and calling the hotel they have confirmed the reservation under my name. Then I have called Bookig.com and their day manager contacted the hotel manager confirming the reservation, the people answering to me at the Hilton chain number was wrong! The only solution that booking.com suggested to me very soon was a 4 stars hotel 35 km far from the conference center.
I find this behavior unacceptable, it is the first time that occur to me after 25 years of traveling around the world for work. Nobody from the Hilton chain tried to contact me or to send an email, even after my message posted in their web page, to explain the situation and to repair the big problem that I had to solve in few hours.
You can imagine what could happen if I didn't read the emails, and it could happen I was at home and it was saturday.
Two main questions, why the have realized the overbooking only the day before the event considering that the hotel was fully booked several weeks before? Why they have cancelled my reservation, considering that I did it well before the fully booking?
I will never go again to an Hilton hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is very dated. It was very loud and the freeway noise made sleeping difficult- the windows need to be replaced. Neither of the phones in the room worked when we arrived. They were able to fix one of them. The staff is nice, but they don't make the room worth the money. It's too bad; we like the homewood brand.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Visited The Woodlands to see family found this Hotel to be comfortable and clean (however some road noise but to be expected considering its location). A reasonable buffet style breakfast was included in the cost. Free Wi-Fi access always a bonus. Would consider using again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rochester Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Expedia based on location, rooms size and amenities 2 weeks before our arrival. 24 hours before we were to arrive they cancelled our reservation due to over booking! We even called the hotel 3 days before arrival to confirm our reservation and to confirm that we would had a crib in our room. At that time they confirmed our reservation and told us that they cannot guarantee a crib but it would be a first come first serve situation.
Luckily Expedia was very helpful in finding us another room and gave us a $100 travel voucher.

Stayed March 2013
Arkansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

you could find a way nicer hotel in the woodlands then this one the people here are rude rude rude horrible customer service there is a lot of road noise and it was not quiet and it smelled funny it is really expensive for what you get when you could stay for the best hotel in the woodlands in the best location for this price

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Good location, clean, and quiet. The room smelled good, the internet was fast and easy to figure out. Our room was at the back and it was VERY quiet. It was great because we were there for a swim meet. Best deal at this area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands? Share your experiences!