“Good Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Saratoga, California
“Good Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Overall, this is a good place to stay. The lobby and dining area were clean and pretty. The breakfasts were great. Happy hour and other treats were wonderful. Good, hot cookies every day in the lobby too. It had a pool, which was great during the swealtering heat. When I called and talked to Wayne to make reservations, he was extremely professional and helpful and made me want to stay there. Throughout the several days we stayed, the front desk was wonderful. The things that could be improved were: As with all hotels nowadays, add electrical to pool area and more inside lobby to charge phones and laptops and IPADS. The rooms are a bit tired. The pool person didn't get towels out til after we were already swimming awhile, so no towels...just a heads up to bring your towels from your rooms. No real complaints. We really liked it there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lake Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We arrived early and greeted graciously with the offer of breakfast! We knew then that our 3 nights spent in this hospitable environment would be memorable.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is non-smoking with easy access to the lobby area via stairs set in the middle of the bui...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My mother and I had to make a difficult trip to Texas to visit a family member who is in Hospice Care. Since we had never been to Texas, this was a challenging task since my mom needs assistance walking and we needed to have a courtesy shuttle to and from my brother's location. Alex Cerda, the general manager, Wayne Byrd, the assistant manager and the entire staff treated us as if we were old and dear friends. Having traveled extensively over the years, I have to honestly say that this experience was A1! Breakfast and dinner are included Monday through Thursday. The food was well prepared by a smiling and eager to please staff. When we needed the shuttle, Ignactio and Solomon were there to transport us anywhere within a 5 mile radius. The suite accommodations were great! We will never forget your kindness!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room will be the right one!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My first experience in talking to Mr. Mejia, Asst. Manager was very impressive. He was professional, courteous and helpful. He assisted me with managing to block some rooms for an upcoming conference. He took the time from his busy schedule to show me the rooms and I was very impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. I asked for recommendations of nearby restaurants and he send me some menus of some great restaurants. I highly recommended the hotel to the group and decided this would be their "home away from home" for one week. I heard nothing but great comments from the group about their stay at the hotel. Kuddos to Mr. Mejia and his staff!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Asotin, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

From the charming staff, to the cleanliness, I couldn't be more pleased with my stay at Homewood Suites! I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but the wonderful employees here deserve great recognition for all their hard work and generous hospitality. The rooms are very well maintained, everything was smooth from check in to check out, and it's located conveniently in the heart of The Woodlands. I will definitely come back to this location on my next stop through town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was my first experience with Homewood Suites and I was very impressed with them. The room, though a bit dated, was extremely clean and well maintained. The hotel itself was well-kept and the employees were friendly. I really like the "suite" set up as opposed to the standard motel/hotel room configuration. If you are spending more than one night in the area, I strongly suggest trying this place. It was very quiet, despite the high occupancy. The Kitchen was fully outfitted and the room was thoroughly cleaned daily. The BEST aspect of my stay though was the wonderful bed!! Most beds are far too firm for my liking- like laying on a piece of plywood. But my bed at this Homewood was almost as comfortable as my Sleepnumber back home. Great job Hilton on a very comfortable inn. I will definitely be back and strongly recommend your facility.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The reception of the staff was very warm. All personnel, from the front desk to those in the kitchen as well as those who cleaned the rooms were always very pleasant and eager to please at any moment.
I believe this is the result of the great atmosphere created aunder the leadership of Lynda M. Graham to whom the staff relates as a friend.
As a result I feel sad, in a way, because my business is finish and I have to leave.

Dr. Cyrene Barretto-Morse

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands? Share your experiences!