“Good Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
houston texas
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Good pizza and a good ambience. Reasonable prices and pretty attentive staff. All round worth visiting and a favourite of some of my friends

Visited July 2013

Houston
“Excellent NY-style pizza, but can be inconsistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Grimaldi's delivers very good (if pricey) NY-style pizza from their coal-fired oven. The only downside, beyond the eye-popping prices, is the inconsistency. We'd say that one out of three pizzas we've ordered has been soggy in the middle. Other than that, we can recommend the food here.

Visited June 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Clearly the BEST Pizza in The Woodlands!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went on Sunday at noon with a party of 8. The wait was five minutes, the service was great and the pizza was even better. We had three large salads to share and three pizzas (margarita, pepperoni and a meatball). All three pizzas were super....the crust is thin and coal fired oven baked.

Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“READ BEFORE GOING!! July 30”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friends and I went to this restaurant (Grimaldi's Pizzeria, The Woodlands TX) for dinner on a Tuesday night because everyone said it was "good". The wait to get a table was not bad (45 minutes) and we were seated downstairs. The server was very slow to take our orders and they ran out of many drinks which was disappointing. My friend had just finished one of her drinks and handed it to the server who placed the glass next to me and then dropped all the drinks from her tray (on the glass she put next to me for reasons I don't know) which shattered into pieces and fell all over me. I understand that it was an accident that you spilled water and shards of glass all over me, but the least you could do is say sorry! So my friend and I asked if we could be seated at a different table because there is glass on the table,my seat and myself. She declined our request by giving us a strange look, went to the seats and swapped all the small pieces of glass from the seat to my feet (I am wearing sandals)!!! I called over the manager who was reluctant to do anything after hearing the story. It took 1.5hrs to get our pizza, the time it took my shorts from being soaked to completely dried. At that time, I had also pulled out pieces of glass from my drink and alerted the manager if I could get a new glass of water without glass. He comped the meal after picking the pieces of glass from my drink. The server took this opportunity to go to every table and asked if they spoke to the manager, they would get their meals comped. If you got glass thrown at you, you're soaked in water and freezing in the restaurant for 1.5 hours waiting for your food and you're drinking water that has glass in it while sitting on a seat that has small parts of glass because your server doesn't want to move your table and swept some of the glass onto your feet, then you should get your meal comped! I'm not asking for excellent service, just mediocre service and for anyone of the staff to say that they are sorry, and I couldn't even get that. Customer service and staff friendliness aside, the pizza was average at best and definitely not worth the 1.5 hour wait time that the manager says it takes to cook it. Am I to believe that pizzas in his restaurant cooks slower then everyone's else coal fired brick pizzas or did they not remember or place our order in a timely manner? I have had my fair share of pizzas around the world but if you are in the Woodlands and don't have 3 hours to burn, save yourself the time and go somewhere else.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Abilene, Texas
“It was good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've heard raves about Grimaldi's for ages. I was expecting this huge "WOW" factor... don't get me wrong, it was very good, but I won't go on and on about it.

Visited July 2013