“delicious brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 168 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is the only truly "world class" restaurant in The Woodlands. You absolutely must include it in your listings.
“delicious brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

A little on the pricey side but very yummy! Server was great, knowledgeable on menu, had good recommendations, checked in from time to time but was not over bearing. Pineapple mimosas were scrumptious. I asked for them, they were not on the menu but I saw someone else order them. Next time I feel like splurging on brunch I will be back!

Visited July 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Atmosphere, Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Recently, I’ve been in The Woodlands a lot so this is a great new find for me.

This was my first time to Hubbell and Hudson and it was certainly a success. I invited a friend to join me…she’d been there many times and jumped at the chance to go again.

The atmosphere was exactly what I look for in an upscale restaurant: Cozy, modern, hip, and friendly. There’s something to be said about knowing you are having a fine-dining experience yet, also knowing you can relax and not feel stuffy. I’d heard so much about the food and was excited.

Before I continue, I have to say that it’s obvious the chef is having fun. Sea, Land, and air…Hubbell and Hudson delivers a menu that is as creative as it is extensive.

For starters, we ordered the ultra-rare Ahi Tuna and the Crispy Quail. Both appetizers did their job, opening up our palates with their delicate and tasty designs, but leaving us wanting more.

We were in the mood for seafood so we decided to order the Alaskan Halibut and the Sea Bass. I can talk up the genius of the Shiitake mushroom Israeli couscous served with the halibut or the unique matchmaking technique of serving lemon and goat cheese Yukon purée with the sea bass but honestly, you’d have to go and taste it for yourself to truly begin to understand how delicious both plates were. To say we were more than satisfied, would be an understatement.

I won’t lie, we had dessert, my friend would not have let us leave without it. I don’t recall exactly what it was but I can tell you it was chocolate filled chocolate medallions and that they were like tasting a piece of heaven. Lol

The service at Hubbell and Hudson was excellent, everyone was helpful, friendly, and attentive. I can see why it’s one of my friend’s favorite restaurants in The Woodlands. It’s now one of mine too!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas
“Not excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I rate Hubbel and Hudson very good only in comparison to the many eateries that are average. Their prices are not justified by the food they offer. My wife and I were guests of my brother and his wife for dinner. He and I chose the same 8- once steak @ $45 each. His sides were onion rings and fries. I had only onion rings. The ladies ordered halibut and sea bass, respectively. We each had a $12 glass of wine. As couples, we shared two desserts -- fried apple pie and lemon cake. Two of us had coffee with our dessert. The over-priced desserts were disappointing. Fries and onion rings were very good but not great. The ladies said that their seafood was quite good. Now for the steaks. My brother commented favorably on his. But I had a negative response to mine. I ordered it medium and it came out medium-well. Mine was tough and not especially flavorful. Service was good. The cost totaled $300 plus 20% tip. If the food had been top quality on every dish, the price would be justified for a class restaurant. This was not the case. Other fine restaurants in metropolitan Houston are superior to H & H.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good, but overrated and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It has a good variety of food and is pretty good, but nothing like it is hyped up to be. The surviving location has ample inside and outside seating and good service.

Visited March 2014
Willis
“My favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I go here every chance I get. Their take on soups and other "regular" foods are among the best for my tastes. Brunches are superior. Lots of cozy seating, or small tables by great windows for people-watching.

Visited November 2013