“Comfy Candlewood Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston, Texas
“Comfy Candlewood Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is the first Candlewood Suites Hotel that I was amazed when I walked into the modern hotel lobby. The hotel is nestled near a hospital and about 3 miles away from the bustling Woodlands Mall area. I was here for an education convention at the Woodlands Waterway Convention Center. My room was great and comfortable considering that I booked it last minute. The young man greeted me respectfully and acknowledged my Platinum member status. My bed was totally awesome and so damn comfortable that I thought about extending to another night. The area is great for some awesome restaurants like Chuys, Chipotle and bars if you're into that. Candlewood, thank you for the stay and for honoring the affordable state rate. I'm considering coming back from other conventions. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Most rooms should remain nice and cool since there are many trees nearby to blockout much of the TX...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Conejito2011

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were in the area to adopt our newborn baby daughter, and stayed at this hotel for two weeks while awaiting permission to take her back to our home state. The hotel was perfect for what we needed. The staff, and Richard (the manager) in particular, were great. We let them know that we were staying there with a newborn and they upgraded us to a 1-bedroom suite for a minimal rate increase (we also had to join the rewards program). Overall, it was an amazing deal for what we got.

Room service comes once a week but they will give you fresh towels or other supplies any time you want. The pantry in the lobby has a lot of useful items for purchase, as well as free coffee all day. The pool is small but really nice and there's a shaded patio area for hanging outside.

What really makes this place is the staff. They are super service-oriented, friendly, and responsive. They made things much easier for us and all cooed sweetly over the baby whenever we'd wander into the lobby to watch soccer. Just really nice people all around. Staying here helped make a potentially crazy, stressful time into a truly sweet nesting period.

We will absolutely stay here again when we are back in the area. Would recommend to anyone looking for a quality extended stay type hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

When I arrived, the kitchen floor was sticky. I called the front desk and they said they would take care of it. They didn't. The next morning, I went to the front desk and mentioned that the floor was sticky and there was a broken zipper on the floor in the bedroom that I stepped on in my bare feet, making me feel like the room wasn't vacuumed. They comped me $20 and said they would take care of it. They didn't.

The following day, my wife called them about the floor. They said they'd take care of it. They didn't.

When I checked out, I mentioned the problem to the manager. He didn't apologize, but asked if he could do anything for me.

This is an $80 hotel. I paid almost $200. I think clean rooms are the most important thing. Fixing problems are #2. Here, the staff did neither. I recommend you find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear JR-from-abq,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you gave us the pleasure to host you recently. However, it is truly regrettable that the level of service that you have received from our staff, especially that of housekeeping, fell below your standards. I have taken your feedback into serious account and we will use them to consider improvements where needed.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope you give us another chance of providing you with a better accommodation in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

It has been a year since the first visit to Candlewood Suites. The location is quiet, the place very well kept. Check in was quick and very courteous. The room was comfortable and very clean. There is easy access to get around in the woodlands. There is a nice pool and well lit parking. Some of the guests have pets and there is a designated area to walk a dog. Complimentary newspaper, functional free high speed wifi is also a benefit. Plenty of sources of food in the area.
They also offer dvd's of films you can check out at not cost and provide pop-corn! You feel welcome and they are ready to help.Kudos on their maintenance. Price friendly too!

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor away from elevators...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
RICHARD S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Louis D,

It is wonderful to hear from you! I do hope your return travels were safe and pleasant. I'm glad you had a chance to view our DVD library--any suggestions on what we could add would be greatly appreciated. And yes, free popcorn is always nice!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Nice and quite despite being next to a major freeway. relatively easy access. Good restaurants nearby (Twin Peaks). We stopped here while on a film shoot with Major League Ball players. The rooms are nice and clean, there's a small continental breakfast in the morning....and that's about it. It's a nice friendly place to crash while passing through. It does have a small pool, but when we were there in April it wasn't warm enough to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Corey E,

We are glad to hear from you! I hope the filming went well.

It did not take long for the Texas sun to warm the pool so come on back and stay with us. And how about staying over versus stopping over?
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I normally stay at the Woodlands Country Club, but we decided to bring our pets with us so we stayed at Candlewood Suites. It was very clean and comfortable. The shower was a little off and didn't work the best. Overall, I would stay here again if we decide to bring our dogs with us to visit family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear mandymeadows,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very glad to hear that we had the opportunity to host your family on your recent travel. Your family as well as your dogs are always welcome at our property. We apologize though if we have fallen short with some of the amenities, particularly in the bathroom. I have forwarded you comments to our hotel management for proper fix to make your next stay better.

I hope you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Booked a block of rooms last week at this location for my crew. All rooms were very clean and stocked. Desk staff very helpful and polite. Grounds very nice. Hotel sets back from highway a good bit. Helps reduce the highway noise. Close to shops and restaurants. Planning to stay here again soon.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fredmiller,

Thank you for the kind words and also for trusting us to take care of you and your crew. You are right--being set back from the highway does reduce the noise to almost nothing! Just what anyone needs for a good nights sleep.

Let us know when you are planning your return trip. We are looking forward to it!