“Good for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights in a studio room on business travel to an office in The Woodlands. This hotel is very clean! My A/C unit worked perfect, plenty of thick pillows on my beds, and nice table/desk that extends out between the kitchen and living area for my to plop my laptop on. The hotel was quiet and secluded from the main road, it sits behind some trees and two other buildings. Many of the other hotels I passed in the area were directly on the main busy road; Frontage Rd I believe. My only issue was that the hotel has a very, very small continental breakfast so take note if that's important to you. Also, this hotel has their rooms cleaned once a week, since I only stayed 2 nights this didn't matter to me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RICHARD S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Sue F,

Thank you for that great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Weekly housekeeping has its pros and cons--but we have no problem attending to your room when asked. Just let us know the next time you are staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Candlewood suites was a good extended stay. I don't think it had anything exceptional but it attended all my necessities so i have nothing to complain. It was very localized in a good and tranquil place, close to the main road though. I liked the atmosphere of that place. I really recommend that for everybody, the service was good, the internet was good, and my bedroom was ok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
William A,

We are so glad to hear your comments. We are also glad to hear we were able to meet your needs and that your stay was comfortable.

We do hope your departure trip was a safe one and we look forward to having you back in the near future!
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about my first stay at the Candlewood Suites in The Woodlands, TX. I have stayed at some very nice Candlewood Suites and some older rundown ones. This property appears to be new or recently updated and so this was a great stay overall!
The hotel is located off of I-45, and is slightly difficult to find. It's not the hotel's fault is just the way the side roads are designed off of I-45 in that they only run one-way. The hotel is tucked in a quiet street near the hospital and some auto dealerships. There are tons of restaurants just a short drive away, although none are within walking distance of the hotel. The lobby is modern and well furnished. My check-in while swift and efficient was done with the warmth of talking to Siri on my iphone. My room was a king studio room and it was of a very good size. There is the typical fridge and mini-stove, but I didn't use any of that for a 1 night stay. Most important to me was that the room was super clean and comfortable, there was a great work desk with plenty of power outlets, and a very comfortable bed. I particularly liked the strong shower in the morning. The free wi-fi as fast which is always good when trying to get work
done. In the morning my check-out was quick as well, and just about as unfriendly, but what can you do. This hotel chain does not offer free breakfast, but I found a Starbucks nearby, and there are plenty of other places for a quick bite. While I normally prefer more of a full service hotel, I wanted my IGH Rewards points while staying in The Woodlands and there aren't too many options. But I would absolutely stay here again the next time in town!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Rusttribe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am elated to read that you appreciate our room accommodations and indeed had a comfortable stay with us. However, I apologize if you found some aspects of our staff service during check out less than satisfactory. Your comments are important to us to ensure we are constantly focused on improving our service and we hope we can demonstrate to you our commitment to value and service.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We would indeed be pleased to welcome you on your next stay with us.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

First of all, I should start by saying that I am an experienced business traveler, traveling 2 weeks out of the month on a monthly basis. My company paid for the stay. I was surprised to learn that during my stay (Saturday-Thursday), I would only have housekeeping once during that week. When I arrived to my room on the 1st floor (I can't recall the exact room number), it reeked of cigarettes--even though the property is a non-smoking hotel. I asked for another room immediately. The receptionist promptly gave me another room on the 2nd floor. Finally fresh air!

However, the thermostat was broken on the wall. I resorted to using the space air conditioner (on the floor by the window, it was very loud). It was covered with small dust balls. In the bathroom, the vanity mirror was out, so I requested the staff to replace it. They replaced it while I was at work. That night, I went out to buy earplugs because I could hear the person in the room above me walking around, it was pretty loud. I've never heard anyone above me before in any other hotels. The following morning I found the toilet to be clogged, to the point where it could not be used. I asked for the Staff to fix it, and it was working again by the time I returned to my room from work. While watching TV I noticed 4 ants on the nightstand and promptly killed them. I don't see 4 ants as a serious issue, but that prompted me to take out the trash daily. It's almost as if I was in my first apartment again instead of a hotel. On the day I checked out, the toilet was clogged again!

Lesson learned: I prefer full service hotels with daily housekeeping. The bad: the location, I absolutely loathed it. The hotel is behind a medical center, and located off a one way "feeder" road. It was hard to get out on the main road during peak times. I also executed more U turns here in six days than I have in the last couple of months. Clearly, this hotel is for the "do it yourselfers". When I stay at a hotel, it should be relaxing with little effort required on my part for a comfortable stay. I should not have to worry about plumbing, clean towels, or a clean tub.

Here are a few good things about the hotel that I took advantage of; excellent Staff, free laundry (bring your own soap), full kitchen with utensils, pots, pans ,dishes (includes dishwasher) but no stove, very hot water (even early in the morning), easy parking, very comfy pillow top bed, nice leather recliner in room, free HBO, and an okay channel selection.

Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 206 and the toilet was consistently clogged, I could also hear the guest walking ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
418RICHARDS, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Terena,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to note your positive feedback on our hotel staff, kitchen amenities, comfortable bedding and parking facility. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the housekeeping services and hotel location. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Candlewood Suites and IHG for your travel needs.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This Candlewood is one of the best!!! Very accomodating staff, I have never felt so appreciated during a hotel stay. Looked forward to the Manager's reception in the afternoons; employee remembered what I drank and had it ready before I asked for it. People complaining about housekeeping obviously have not stayed at extened stay hotels; they don't go into your room everyday but will supply you with anything you want...just ask!!

Room Tip: Walgreens and resturants within walking distance.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just always very very accomodating! Beyond friendly staff......and true hospitality professionals.
Had to make another unexpected trip to the area for my daughter having tests and was also able to check in very early and let her rest.......they offered to send some water and coffee when we arrived. It just feels like staying with family when we stay here

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Harrogate, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here because it was convenient to the location I was going. It was a nice enough hotel but I just cannot get past no housekeeping on the weekends. They claim the price is lower but it is about what i pay all the time anywhere else. The young lady at the front desk was very nice.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear MikeM3863,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I’m glad you found the hotel to your liking and I will pass on your comments about the staff being friendly and helpful to them all, it’s always nice to hear we are getting it right.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands? Share your experiences!