“Totally average, not worth the price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Texas
“Totally average, not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Average really does sum this hotel up. If you can get it for under/right around $100 per night, then no problem...but anything more and you are probably going to be annoyed.

The good: decent location (right off of 45 south), there is a small workout room that looked well-maintained, a little computer with printer in the lobby for guest use, and a small snack bar with anything little you might need to tide you over between meals. The hotel was clean, from the sheets to the bathroom to the kitchenette. The front desk was friendly and accommodating. We had several boxes shipped to us while we were staying at the hotel, and we were able to retrieve all of them from the front desk with no problem.

The bad: the walls are SUPER thin, and this is coming from an extremely heavy sleeper. My roommate and I were woken up multiple times each night by the noise coming from the room next door and I am not exaggerating when I say that she has slept through a minor car crash! It's REALLY like your neighbors are in your room. The rooms are totally average, nothing luxury or high-end there. We didn't have our room cleaned once the entire time (4 nights) we stayed. The hotel overcharged us by almost $300, and even though we were able to get the bill corrected, it was an extra annoyance at checkout (and made us late to our next destination).

All in all, it was an average stay at a clean hotel. At $100 per night or less, it would be fine. Anything over, and it's an overcharge for sure. Try to get a room NOT connected to anyone else's if you want an uninterrupted night's sleep!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not occupied on the other side because the walls between connecting rooms are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear allornothingirl,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write feedback. It is good to know that our location was suitable enough for your needs. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the noise levels at the hotel. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest our your next visit.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

For the price of this hotel the bedding, towels, and quality of the room surpasses previous experiences at $100 hotels. The bed and bedding was what you expect at a typical high dollar room. This hotel was very clean and new too! The hotel staff were friendly. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had to attend a conference at the Woodlands Marriott Waterways and instead of ~300$ there opted for a third of the room price here. The triple AAA rate was an excellent deal. Booked a 2-night stay online. Then flight got delayed and ended up on a redeye into IAH, arriving at the Candlewood at 8am. The lady at the front desk told me not to worry about it since they were not booked out the previous night, and indeed was only charged for one night stay - very accomodating and understanding. The room was spacious, everything in working order, windows that could be opened to let fresh air in (with screens). Good work desk, solid wifi internet. Kitchen was well equipped, and bathroom very clean. Slept really well in a comfortable king bed. The hotel is located behind the BMW dealership, somewhat hidden from view when driving along the frontage road. However this shields it from the highway noise, and it was really quiet. Yes, would not hesitate to book this one again, and will try to join the managers reception next time. Great place!

Room Tip: AAA rate book in advance on their website. Top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I first stayed at this Candlewood Suites for an extended stay in the summer of 2011 during a government internship. When I first arrived, I was greeted warmly and was given a fantastic room (of my choice). At first the kitchenette seemed to be devoid of silverware, and so when I called the front desk to ask for replacements, the receptionist come up to my room personally with hands full of silverware, apologizing for any inconvenience. It was a couple of days later when I looked in the dish washer that I found all the silverware I thought I was missing. Over the time I spent there I felt like I was part of the hotel family, each of the front desk workers as polite as the next. They each knew my name, asked how I was doing and were even content to chat a while. OOH AND THOSE BEDS! Never had a comfier night's sleep! I even got some items from the Cupboard (small room with munchies and various travel items for sale) free of charge! Even more personal are the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday guest parties. In the lobby on these days, pizza, spaghetti, pasta, salad, cookies, and other foods were put out, along with beer and wine. It was a great way to build camaraderie between the hotel guests and the staff, as well as introduce Shiner Bock to far-from-homers like myself. It was actually tough leaving them that year. When I returned the past summer (2012) they continued my reduced rate and when I walked in greeted me like no time had passed at all. Although it lacks some of the finer decorations of fancy hotels, there is absolutely no charm lacking at The Woodlands Candlewood Suites. The staff, the rooms, the FREE laundry are each an amenity worthy of a 5 star hotel. I highly recommend this extended hotel stay to anyone far from home. Inexpensive, personal, and accommodating in such a setting truly makes you forget you are in such a huge metropolitan area.

Room Tip: Top floor. Also, if you are staying awhile, don't get too close to people's rooms with pets...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to the woodlands this past weekend to watch Florence + The Machine and I booked this place based on good reviews here. I was not disappointed! This place is just one exit down from the woodlands mall so less than five minutes drive. You dont even have to get back on the highway you can just stay on the service road (the mall is even on the same side of the highway). It is set back a good bit even from the service road so there is no traffic noise. Our room was very clean, we had good pressure out of our shower, there is a little kitchenette with a full size fridge, it was everything we needed. On the other side of the highway but on the same exit there are several food options (buffalo wild wings was still open after we got out of the concert). I recommend going to "Another Broken Egg" for breakfast. The only thing that I will say is that the GPS will most likely tell you to exit after its too late and you'll have to go down to the next one which is a couple minutes off so exit early. This is where I will be staying on my future concert trips out there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
san antonio, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were impressed with this hotel -- the room was clean and large -- there was a kitchenette and a good sized bathroom. The hotel seems designed for long term stays but our short stay was also fun.

The staff were really friendly and helpful with directions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Decatur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The stay at this hotel was very pleasant. It was a very convenient location to the ST Lukes Hospital. The kitchenette was furnished to the max and very nice. All the staff were very professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend that you stay here if you are looking for a nice stay in the woodlands. Nichole was very professional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands? Share your experiences!