“Best value in the area, and with Southern hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
San Jose, California
“Best value in the area, and with Southern hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had to attend a conference at the Woodlands Marriott Waterways and instead of ~300$ there opted for a third of the room price here. The triple AAA rate was an excellent deal. Booked a 2-night stay online. Then flight got delayed and ended up on a redeye into IAH, arriving at the Candlewood at 8am. The lady at the front desk told me not to worry about it since they were not booked out the previous night, and indeed was only charged for one night stay - very accomodating and understanding. The room was spacious, everything in working order, windows that could be opened to let fresh air in (with screens). Good work desk, solid wifi internet. Kitchen was well equipped, and bathroom very clean. Slept really well in a comfortable king bed. The hotel is located behind the BMW dealership, somewhat hidden from view when driving along the frontage road. However this shields it from the highway noise, and it was really quiet. Yes, would not hesitate to book this one again, and will try to join the managers reception next time. Great place!

Room Tip: AAA rate book in advance on their website. Top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I first stayed at this Candlewood Suites for an extended stay in the summer of 2011 during a government internship. When I first arrived, I was greeted warmly and was given a fantastic room (of my choice). At first the kitchenette seemed to be devoid of silverware, and so when I called the front desk to ask for replacements, the receptionist come up to my room personally with hands full of silverware, apologizing for any inconvenience. It was a couple of days later when I looked in the dish washer that I found all the silverware I thought I was missing. Over the time I spent there I felt like I was part of the hotel family, each of the front desk workers as polite as the next. They each knew my name, asked how I was doing and were even content to chat a while. OOH AND THOSE BEDS! Never had a comfier night's sleep! I even got some items from the Cupboard (small room with munchies and various travel items for sale) free of charge! Even more personal are the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday guest parties. In the lobby on these days, pizza, spaghetti, pasta, salad, cookies, and other foods were put out, along with beer and wine. It was a great way to build camaraderie between the hotel guests and the staff, as well as introduce Shiner Bock to far-from-homers like myself. It was actually tough leaving them that year. When I returned the past summer (2012) they continued my reduced rate and when I walked in greeted me like no time had passed at all. Although it lacks some of the finer decorations of fancy hotels, there is absolutely no charm lacking at The Woodlands Candlewood Suites. The staff, the rooms, the FREE laundry are each an amenity worthy of a 5 star hotel. I highly recommend this extended hotel stay to anyone far from home. Inexpensive, personal, and accommodating in such a setting truly makes you forget you are in such a huge metropolitan area.

Room Tip: Top floor. Also, if you are staying awhile, don't get too close to people's rooms with pets...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to the woodlands this past weekend to watch Florence + The Machine and I booked this place based on good reviews here. I was not disappointed! This place is just one exit down from the woodlands mall so less than five minutes drive. You dont even have to get back on the highway you can just stay on the service road (the mall is even on the same side of the highway). It is set back a good bit even from the service road so there is no traffic noise. Our room was very clean, we had good pressure out of our shower, there is a little kitchenette with a full size fridge, it was everything we needed. On the other side of the highway but on the same exit there are several food options (buffalo wild wings was still open after we got out of the concert). I recommend going to "Another Broken Egg" for breakfast. The only thing that I will say is that the GPS will most likely tell you to exit after its too late and you'll have to go down to the next one which is a couple minutes off so exit early. This is where I will be staying on my future concert trips out there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
san antonio, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were impressed with this hotel -- the room was clean and large -- there was a kitchenette and a good sized bathroom. The hotel seems designed for long term stays but our short stay was also fun.

The staff were really friendly and helpful with directions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Decatur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The stay at this hotel was very pleasant. It was a very convenient location to the ST Lukes Hospital. The kitchenette was furnished to the max and very nice. All the staff were very professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend that you stay here if you are looking for a nice stay in the woodlands. Nichole was very professional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montrose Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I can't say enough good things about our stay. We were there 5 days nice room, quite and extremely friendly staff. As our daughter moved to the area we will look forward to staying again.
If I have anything negative to say it would be slow cricky sounding elevator. Also the signs directing you to the hotel could be more visible.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

What a beautiful location! Near the hospital with easy access to I45, but very quiet and CLEAN! The Lobby was very inviting and the night staff welcoming! Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands? Share your experiences!